Fastest Data Speed for iPhone: AT&T, Verizon or T-mobile ??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ACURA2015, Sep 23, 2017.

1. ACURA2015 macrumors regular

Was wondering who has the fastest data speeds for the iPhones with the best data packages to include those fast data speeds. Thanks for the suggestions:)

2. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

My experience, if a location has strong T-Mobile coverage, then they're usually fastest. Understandable given they have fewer subscribers ergo a less congested network.

That said, I believe coverage is still better with Verizon and AT&T.

As with real estate, this is gonna be a case of location, location, location.

3. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

Macrumors published an article a few weeks back that t-mobile now has the nations fastest LTE. I’ll post link if I can find the article.

4. geemiller05 macrumors 6502

Chiming in on others...T-Mobile. Vzw still has the best overall coverage, but T-Mobile has the slightly faster overall speeds. IMO, stay away from AT&T. Their focus has been media bundling with their acquisition of dTV as opposed to network progression.

5. BillyBobT Suspended

Not bashing but yet less coverage

6. protoxx macrumors 6502a

protoxx

7. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

Yea, less coverage. But they cover my area well (Sacramento).

8. BillyBobT Suspended

I will take coverage with more than good speeds than 'fastest' with less coverage unless OP asks the question as it pertains to where he lives than this is open to looking at it as a 'whole' not as you said looking at it from living in Sacramento

9. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Love TMO.
    Managed fleet of iPads & iPhones on Verizon. Worked on device team at ATT.

TMO is killing it.

10. Complex757 macrumors 6502

Complex757

Hopefully the 600 MHz will help T-Mobile, because right now they have no coverage in a lot of buildings I'm in. Until then I'm keeping AT&T.

11. Wayward macrumors member

It really depends on your location, but T-Mobile is pretty quick here.
    [​IMG]

12. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

I also get those near my son’s school in Jax Beach area.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2017 ---
    I do have to give ATT props for my home internet.

Attached Files:

13. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

The OPs post simply said

"Was wondering who has the fastest data speeds for the iPhones with the best data packages to include those fast data speeds. Thanks for the suggestions"

Never gave specifics on location, so my statement holds true. T-Mobile was rated as having the fastest LTE speeds in the first half of 2017.

Source: https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/07/t-mobile-fastest-lte-speeds-2017/

Disclamer: LTE Speeds will very across carriers dependent on location and coverage.

14. BillyBobT Suspended

And my post was about reliability which trumps fastest every time prove me wrong.

15. Getoffmeluckycharms macrumors newbie

Getoffmeluckycharms

T-mobile or even MetroPCS has the best speeds and data plans that you would be looking for. It really is all dependent on your signal strength though so if you have low signal, you’re gonna get crap speeds so you’re gonna have to see what the signals are like I’m the areas you frequent the most.

16. geemiller05 macrumors 6502

You shouldn’t even be arguing (or debating). The person above you made a comment about speed which was directly related to the OP’s request. While coverage is absolutely relevant, it did not in any way, shape or form satisfy OP’s post. You come off as being unable to admit when you aren’t correct. So you go in circles trying to make yourself relevant.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2017 ---
    Some people just don’t know when to fold ‘em. T-Mo for the win! They’re great here in my area too.

17. BillyBobT Suspended

If you say so lol oh holy one

18. ACURA2015 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the replies folks. But when it comes down to download speeds who is currently the fastest? AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon ?

Thanks again ✌️

19. geemiller05 macrumors 6502

We just told you. Speed: T-Mobile. Coverage: Verizon. As long as your area is covered by T-Mobile service, there is no reason not to go with them. Just last week they announced an increase in their unlimited data cap. 50GB before you may encounter throttling. That’s amazing compared to the other 3.

20. BillyBobT Suspended

And why isn't sprint in this? Where sprint really works it is on par or surpasses the others. That is if we are only talking about speed

21. ACURA2015 thread starter macrumors regular

wow. That’s awesome! Thanks. I tried looking for that info and did not find it. Do you happen to have the link to the info?

22. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

In my area, and the surrounding area, sprint is the worst provider in terms of reception and speed.

Also, T-Mobile is looking to buy them up.
    https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/22/sprint-and-t-mobile-close-to-deal/

23. Lammy macrumors member

24. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

Well said, true fact and excellent point. This is the primary reason I left T-Mobile for Verizon. Sure, they have the fastest speed when there is a coverage for them otherwise the cheap price they offer is not worth it for any inconvenience occurrences.