Fastest mac tested

Discussion in 'iMac' started by karthi, Jun 13, 2011.

1. karthi macrumors newbie

2. simsaladimbamba

3. caughtintheweb macrumors regular

Huh ! My 2.93 i7 reports 10,423 for 64 bit geekbench scores. Some of those figures seem wrong.

4. karthi thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems to vary based on app, but at least the one I use like Aperture, CS5 and iMovie, iMac seems to be faster than Mac pro.

It might be only for few more weeks, as the next mac pro would be definitely faster than iMac, otherwise how can apple charge such a premium price. :)

5. Norne macrumors member

Original thread still on page 1

You're late to the party by a couple of days: here

It's even echoed in the insanely long shipment tracker thread, but I can't fault you for missing the post a dozen or so pages ago :eek:

6. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

You have to understand MacPro is not just about spec and numbers. The hefty price tag is kinda proper. First and obvious they use Xeon processors, and then ECC buffered RAM.

Mainboard itself made for server/workstation grade components. MacPro specification may seems lower than the one on iMac. But iMac using regular desktop components. Yeah sure iMac today with i7 3.4GHz could be faster (at least in some apps) compared to even hexcore 2010 MacPro.

But as OP said, MacPro 2011 would change the game once again. But yeah, not everyone out there could/would afford luxury of $3500 computer