Carrier Fastest mobile network in USA

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imlynxy, Aug 5, 2015.

1. imlynxy macrumors 65816

Ookia, known as speedtest.net published that t-mobile is the fastest LTE network in USA

http://www.speedtest.net/awards/us

I like they have data for my state MA:

http://www.speedtest.net/awards/us/massachusetts

T-mo is the winner..., BUT:

in my place t-mo only has 4G for the last week with speed 5-7 and At&t gives me 25-30.

May be t-mo has fastest LTE somewhere, but not everywhere. Another words find LTE and you will be faster than others :) I know the company grows fast. But I have had a problem to access mytmobile account page for the last month and opened 5 tickets, they don't care to fix it.

I like Montana, where is t-mo LTE? :)

http://www.speedtest.net/awards/us/montana

P.S. The more people switch to t-mo the faster Att I have :)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The term fastest will vary by location and carrier.
    Every place does not have the same coverage.

3. imlynxy thread starter macrumors 65816

So... I can buy license for one county only, low population is better and cheeper, put the mega-high speed network, connect, run one speed test, get the fastest score and be ranked number one by Ookia? :)

4. imlynxy thread starter macrumors 65816

Rootmetrics is more accurate. Agree. but... I can remember I was in Orlando airport last June, t-mo internet was down. Att was ok. But Rootmetrics scored t-mo winner there. May be I came the wrong day.
    I have had dropped calls with t-mo(use it mostly for international travel) , have had 0 dropped calls with att in Boston. May be I call wrong time? :)

Consumer Reports also liked Toyota. "Moving forward"...., brake with your feet. :)

- T-mo has an excellent CS! - Why they cannot fix my online account page for more than a month now?

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. There are a lot of factors that vary from location to location.

6. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

It's a shame NetIndex got axed by Ookla. That showed better results. Now they're just ignoring T-Mobile's slow 2G/EDGE speeds and only looking at LTE.

A few days ago, I checked and AT&T was the faster overall network in Mass (behind Verizon.)

Too bad, TMobile constantly bangs on about network density and isn't doing that great in Boston. AT&T and Verizon kill TMo and Sprint when it comes to overall network density around here.

7. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

T-Mobile needs to get better coverage.. Really bad. I would love to switch away from Verizon but I kind of only have 2G around my area. T-Mobile wins everywhere like an hour and a half north from me, but completely drops from LTE to 2G really bad as soon as you start going south. Verizon and AT&T are around but they're both still iffy, it is very rare to see higher than 15mbps speed for LTE, even with the rare 5 bars. Everywhere is usually 1-3 bars. I get like -125 to -100 DBM in my house from Verizon and I live pretty much in the middle of town. Sprint is even worse than T-Mobile where I am.

However, recently I noticed on T-Mobile's coverage map that LTE inched across my town. My whole street is covered by LTE now, and I used to be in the dead smack middle of 2G service 3 months ago. If you turn right at the end of my street though, service drops to 2G again. If you turn left and keep going and going, the signal gets better and better. Also, over where there is mostly "Partner," a totally new, pretty large blob of LTE appeared in the past couple months. This is the second time in about 2-3 months that I have seen an expansion of service. Pretty exciting. Maybe in a year or two, T-Mobile service will be usable in my area? It actually might be usable now, especially with Wi-Fi calling, but I haven't actually stuck a T-Mobile SIM in my phone so I wouldn't know.

8. imlynxy thread starter macrumors 65816

Agree t-mo is fast growing company right now. They improve network very fast pace, but they need 1 more year to be usable.