"Fastest" RSS Reader? NewsFire doesn't seem to always want to update..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CrossFireXT17, Jan 29, 2009.

1. CrossFireXT17 macrumors member

Hello,

I have around 10 RSS feeds, and have NewsFire set to update every 5 minutes, and it didn't seem to want to update all the RSS feeds. So I just cut it back to like every 30 minutes, and it still doesn't seem like it updates. Like it'll alert me with one update in about 2 hours, and then when I manually update it, like 20 things pop up!

I checked each site and they are all updating on the same time slot, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Is just 10 RSS feeds too many? That would seem weird to me...

I have a Macbook Pro (Feb '08) up-to-date

2. dirt farmer macrumors 6502

That sounds unusual. I'd contact the developer.

Or, you can try Vienna, which I use and absolutely love! It's open source, and free. Never have had a problem.

3. Molnies macrumors member

That does sound like a weird problem. I used NewsFire before and found it a bit sluggish, but nothing like you're experience. I'm currently using NetNewsWire (which is free) and I'm very happy with it. I have 74 feeds without any problem, so 10 should be nothing to worry about...

The only thing I don't like with NewNewsWire is the fact that you can't have it refresh the feeds more often then every 30 min (which I find to be very odd) — you can obviously refresh manually whenever you like to, but I'd like to have an option for like every 5 or 10 min. Other than that the app is perfect for me.

4. CrossFireXT17 thread starter macrumors member

hey thanks! I just tried and fooled around with Vienna and it works very well!!! Lightning fast with quick updates :cool:

5. Merlin748 macrumors newbie

Definitely NewsBar is the fastest with 1 min lowest refresh rate.

There is a free lite version.