Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nviz22

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
Which cheap android phones have he fastest updates besides the Moto G? Any of them use nano sim tech too?

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
you can only rely on pure nexus devices, if you need the latest android updates for a some odd reason...

Fanaticalism

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2013
So NOBODY is commenting on the Android M updates? Some of you have to have it.
It's all been covered already.

I haven't found on tap to be all that useful yet as it misses stuff.
Finally having VV in the dialer app is nice.
Not seeing a difference with Doze.
I find the point of origin for app launching animation cartoony.
Minimizing badges with system UI tuner has been nice.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
It's all been covered already.

I haven't found on tap to be all that useful yet as it misses stuff.
Finally having VV in the dialer app is nice.
Not seeing a difference with Doze.
I find the point of origin for app launching animation cartoony.
Minimizing badges with system UI tuner has been nice.
Been covered where? I didn't see it. It's been rolling out barely a week.

nviz22

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
I ordered the Nexus 6. $300 is a little steep since my budget was $250, especially since eBay ate up my coupon from a past purchase and refused to give it back. But it seems like it has everything I need in a backup phone excluding the form factor. I just hope this is finally the last switch for the Android device for awhile.

I cannot wait for the Wi-Fi Calling, Android M, and almost latest specs.

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
That's probably because your coverage is not as bad as mine. My coverage is atrocious, so Wi-Fi calling is huge on my 6S+.
I would just wait for January/February and pick up the nexus 6p on the cheap just before mwc.

Your options right now are quite limited.

s0nicpr0s

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Illinois
I would definitely suggest staying with Nexus devices if consistently fast updates are the thing most important to you. Motorola has been pretty quick about updates over the past 2 years IIRC. And I was surprised to find out this morning that LG already has a build of Marshmallow (for G4) that is going to start rolling out and be tested before being pushed to everyone.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
I have WiFi calling on my GS6,...never use it.
So what?

I know lots of people who benefit from WiFi Calling. If it wasn't an important way to connect a company the massive size of AT&T would not be offering it and spending millions of ad dollars to be sure potential customers know.

nviz22

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
I would just wait for January/February and pick up the nexus 6p on the cheap just before mwc.

Your options right now are quite limited.

I am actually considering the 5X now again because the form factor and the seller I bought the N6 from has a bad rep w/ unsealed boxes and not having full one year warranties as stated in their eBay ad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.