Fastest VPN for Streaming on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidhen, Jul 28, 2017.

1. davidhen macrumors newbie

Have been using Netflix on my iPhone and bypass Geo-restrictions with a VPN, but I have been noticing the the VPN is eating up bandwidth and slowing down streams, can any one suggest me a Fast VPN that works the best for streams.

2. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

I'm not sure what you mean by the VPN is eating up bandwidth, anything you use on your phone consumes data regardless of if you're on a VPN or not. Of course streaming media will eat bandwidth.

As far as a VPN provider goes, I have high praises for PIA. They have clients for all major OS's, have high throughput, and have servers around the world.

3. Ben Harley macrumors member

Ben Harley

PIA, PureVPN and NordVPN works best for streams. Reason being, they have a lot of servers and they does not choke your internet speed while you use it for streaming purpose. I have used them. Works fine for me. I have used these 3 on my iPad and iphone. Better check fastest vpn service for this purpose. It might help you sort out your mind and ultimately your decision.

4. niji macrumors 6502a

niji

Express VPN is fantastic.

i have tried several. and paid for them all to try them out.
    the last two that remained standing were Tunnel Bear and Express VPN.

it *could*depend which countries you are in, but Tunnel Bear was not connectable in just too many environments in SE Asia.

so i have stayed with Express VPN.

especially if you want to view Netflix, then its really Express VPN for reliability. they advertise it in fact.
    it also is great on macoOS as well as iOS.
    servers throughout the world, mostly multiple servers per country.

in iOS the system's own VPN toggle switch will turn Express VPN on/off.

fast? its not normal for just turning on VPN to slow down bandwidth, but it will depend on where you are in relationship to the server you are connecting to, and the internet path from your country to the country of the server.
    Express VPN does not slow down the connection i have found.
    in fact, in many environments i am in turning on VPN seems to make a more stable connection. not necessarily faster, but more stable.

theres one way that Tunnel Bear was much better: the graphic animation during the handshake process is simply too cute to not like...

5. jplusc macrumors 6502a

Another vote for express vpn. I just used it for two weeks in Thailand streaming DTV Now and Netflix.

6. Begue macrumors newbie

Begue

I don't stream Netflix but I have tried iPlayer, Hulu etc on Mac VPN and it works.

7. Ben Harley macrumors member

Ben Harley

You must be having a dedicated IP of express vpn for netflix?

8. mrochester macrumors 65816

PIA has really taken a dive recently. The apps are now terrible on iOS with frequent disconnects and inability to resolve an IP address.

9. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

That's too bad, they work extremely well with Windows, Android, and my Synology NAS.

10. ogrishs macrumors newbie

Eccryption Proxy, better than VPN on iphone
    Install the client search app store: IceTea ( app name)

[​IMG]

click add proxy , inpute below

Name
    : any name you want
    Host: 107.170.233.25
    Port: 10006
    Password: 23074013
    Eccryption: aes-256-cfb

[​IMG]

Select a Config. You can Connect and Change IP Address . Enjoy!

[​IMG]

11. benjamin3 macrumors newbie

I tried fastest VPN for Netflix on MacOS it's working for me I suggest you try it.

12. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

13. sumsingwong macrumors 6502a

sumsingwong

I use PIA as well on my iPhone and Android.

14. Larry_Gilmore macrumors newbie

Larry_Gilmore

Irrespective of any device, whether it's an iPhone or an Android, I would suggest going with ExpressVPN, and I can certainly vouch for it that it's quite a Faster VPN than any other VPN providers out there that only claim to be fast but in general, only one or two of their servers are really fast.