Fastest Way to get an iPhone 4, Apple Store or AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cottonsworth, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Cottonsworth macrumors regular

I put myself on the priority list at the Apple Store on the 26th. At this point, do you guys think I should wait for the Apple Store or order it from AT&T who are telling me that they are shipping in 7-10 days. Kinda sucks for me right now because I already sold my 3G, so I really need a phone fast. Thanks.

2. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

Does your local AT&T store have any in stock at the actual store? I live in a small town and our store still has some.

3. Cottonsworth thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately, they don't and are being very vague about when a next shipment might be coming. :/

4. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

Yeah our store just sold out too... My friend went to go get one and they just finished off their stock. They wouldn't let him know when the next shipment would be in either...

5. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

I went with att order of 7-10 days. The fact that they haven't taken any orders since the initial pre order day leads me to believe I will get it quicker. They nice lady at att store said they would be getting shipments but she didn't know how often. She made it sound like 2-3 times a week but she honestly didn't know.

6. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

Since, according to this forum and other experts "Gizmodo", the iPhone 4 cannot perform the most basic of functions you should have no problem picking one up at any Apple Store, Best Buy, Radio Shack, or AT&T store where the screaming hordes have returned them. Good luck.

7. kelsonkai macrumors newbie

2-3 times a week? sounds good....i know the people at apple have no clue either when they get shipments in...

8. Cottonsworth thread starter macrumors regular

I was quoted that they get shipments daily but I called all the AT&T stores yesterday and nobody received any. Gonna try again today and if that fails I'm just going to order it online. As a sidenote, I put in a reservation with the Apple Store last Sat (June 26th) and still nothing on that front either.

9. Cottonsworth thread starter macrumors regular

Just got an email from the Apple Store to pick up my iPhone 4! Not too bad, made the reservation on the 26th and it came today. :D Very happy!