Fastest way to get an iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bollweevil, Oct 5, 2011.

1. bollweevil macrumors 6502

I want an iPhone 4S really badly, what is the fastest way to get my hands on one? I am in the US.

Option 1: Pre-order online, and wait for it to arrive in the mail. What time on October 7 do preorders open? Is it first-come-first serve, so I should make sure to order in the first 5 minutes, or is it more like a lottery?

Option 2: Show up at an Apple Retail Store, and hope they have it in stock. The Apple website says "delivery" begins on October 14, does that mean they show up in retail stores at opening time on October 14 too?

Option 3: Show up at a different brick-and-mortar store, like an AT&T outlet, or a Best Buy. Which store would be most likely to have it in stock? Which store will get it soonest?

Option 4: Something I haven't thought of. Is there a website that generally ships them faster than Apple?

I have never attempted to buy an Apple product on release day before, so I don't know what strategies work. But I am hoping someone out there has words of wisdom.

Thanks.

2. rkahl macrumors 65816

I pre-ordered last year and still waited in the pre-order line. I'm getting to old for that again... having it mailed. It's common to hear people getting their iPhone a day in advance of the launch.

3. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Pre-ordering is by far the best way, pre-ordering starts on the 7th @ 12:01 cupertino time so for me in NY that is 3:01. If you get up then and pre order I'm sure it will come on launch day. As for going to an AT&T store the will be less people but also less iPhones, regardless you would have to get up early. And to go to an apple store get up even earlier if i do have to end up going to the apple store I'm planning on getting up at like 4, ill get the like 4:30 and ill wait till whenever they decide to release them. For the iPad it was like 5 pm so its a long wait so bring someone with you so you can get in and out of the line.

4. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

People are going to be lining up at Apple stores from a few days before so unless you want to stand in line for a long time I would avoid that option

Other stores like AT&T and verizon get very limited quantities at initial launch and get lines as well so thats a bad combination

Best option is to Pre-order online on the 7th. Orders begin at 3:01am Eastern time and 12:01am pacific..... it is first come first serve so make sure you are online and ready to go at these times... then keep trying because the servers get hammered..... If you are lucky and obtain one this way it will most likely be at your doorstep on the 14th while everyone is standing on line.

5. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

12:01am PST. It's just like ordering any other product, with addition of entering your wireless account information. It's best to do it sooner than later, in case problems arise (like last year).

They will have them ready for sale on October 14th.

There is no official word on the 4S being sold at any other retail outlet.

No.