Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
I'm considering iphone 4, but, like all, would like it ASAP. Is it best to go to an Apple Store or order online? Maybe something I'm not thinking of? I'm willing to go to a Radio Shack, Walmart or Best Buy, of course, too.

I searched but couldn't find a thread about this from recently.

Thanks.

jashsayani

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2009
Redwood City, CA
I got onto the priority list on the 24th and today Apple Store said that they will not get a shipment for 2 more weeks. But this depends from Store to Store.

So I went to an ATT store today and ordered an iPhone 4. They said that it should ship in 3-4 days...

So it depends on where you stay....

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
I'm considering iphone 4, but, like all, would like it ASAP. Is it best to go to an Apple Store or order online? Maybe something I'm not thinking of? I'm willing to go to a Radio Shack, Walmart or Best Buy, of course, too.

I searched but couldn't find a thread about this from recently.

Thanks.

eBay is probably fastest. Expect to pay top dollar. I've just resigned myself to waiting and ordered through AT&T who said "Ships within 7-days" this morning. I don't believe that, but with Apple saying July 23rd right now, I figured it was my best option.

In the meantime, I'll stalk Apple stores on the off chance they get stock that they can sell.

stphnman20

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Got on a priority list on Friday and got my email saying that my phone is ready to be picked up! :cool::apple:

mrfriggz

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2010
What's a priority list? Through whom? 16GB or 32?

Call or visit your local Apple store. If they don't have the stock to sell you a phone, they will put you on a priority list and hold a phone for you when they have enough stock. They also give you like 24 hours to pick it up.

The fastest way would be to get on that list, put in an order for one on Apple.com or ATT.com, and stalk Walmart and Best Buy (also check AT&T stores near you).

I am having same trouble finding one, but I have a reservation at my Apple store and an order with AT&T. I'll get it eventually :)

stphnman20

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
What's a priority list? Through whom? 16GB or 32?

Call or visit your local Apple store. If they don't have the stock to sell you a phone, they will put you on a priority list and hold a phone for you when they have enough stock. They also give you like 24 hours to pick it up.

The fastest way would be to get on that list, put in an order for one on Apple.com or ATT.com, and stalk Walmart and Best Buy (also check AT&T stores near you).

I am having same trouble finding one, but I have a reservation at my Apple store and an order with AT&T. I'll get it eventually :)

This..

toffa813

macrumors regular
May 10, 2007
ATX
I'd call AT&T everyday to see if they will be available the next morning and then get there early. I got to AT&T at 530 this morning and got one.

"It will grant you three wishes, even if you wish for an iPhone 4.

I don't care."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.