Fastest way to get my hands on a bumper case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikethebigo, Jun 29, 2010.

1. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

So I've called around to all the nearby Apple stores and checked with my local AT&T store, no one has the bumpers in stock. Do you guys think I'll have luck within the next couple of days if I check with the stores each morning? Ordering on Apple.com has a 5-7 day wait and I'm hoping not to have to wait that long, because I am having some antenna issues and I'm deathly afraid of dropping the thing.

Oh, and the only other cases are available only in purple, so that's out for now too, haha.

Any advice would be great!

2. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Purple must not be the popular color anymore. Every store I've gone to only has purple cases left...haha

I'm looking for a bumper too but my Apple Store's seem to be out of them. I thought I'd be able to stroll into a store this week and get one but it's not lookin' good.

3. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Maybe Best Buy?

4. xxxsteveoxxx macrumors member

xxxsteveoxxx

I tried best buy. They told me they will never carry them. I dont think thats true though.

5. turbineseaplane macrumors 68030

turbineseaplane

eBay.

eBay for sure. Just make sure you buy one that's "in-hand".

Lots of people are selling "pre-orders" that ship later.

Why eBay allows cr*p like that I have no idea. Annoying.

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Honestly I would go to an Apple store or 2. I called Friday evening and was told they didn't have any here in Chicago. I decided to go up there Saturday afternoon only to find out that they had quite a few.

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

In-store only sells black, right? I want a white one.

8. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm not sure but I'm looking for black anyway. Not a fan of the black/white combo.

9. IlliniDude macrumors regular

Really? Just called 20 minutes ago and they said none in stock.

10. diabolic macrumors 68000

If it's anything like the iPad cases, anytime they get any in, they were selling out within about 2-3 hours.

11. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

Sorry to bump this old thread but my local Apple store got some in today and I just nabbed one. They're in stock at Fair Oaks Mall on Northern VA.

By the way, after getting my hands on one, I can definitely confirm that the bumpers were specifically designed to resolve the antenna issue. It's so obvious, they literally just wrap around the metal band. After installation, I have no problem with reception at all.

Apple should definitely include these with the phone for free. Their product is faulty without them.

12. darkhunter139 macrumors regular

Did they have multiple colors or just black?

13. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

I only saw black but I didn't look real closely, I wanted black.

14. MrCruiser macrumors newbie

Yesterday I ordered mine from the online store, then I called the apple online store and asked the rep to change the shipping to overnight and he only charged me standard shipping, but said it would take a couple of days to process the order but would ship overnight. I hope I get it by Saturday.