Fastest way to get new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nerd, Mar 11, 2012.

1. nerd macrumors member

So I haven't pre-ordered on apple.com and now it looks like they're not shipping for a while. I just sold my old iPad today and I'm having severe withdrawal symptoms.

Would anyone care to speculate on how crazy the demand will be at retail Apple Stores? My guess is I'll be able to find one locally before I could get one delivered from apple.com at this point, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

2. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

If you're willing to line up early on launch day, you'd get one faster than delivery. If not, you'd have to hope that the Apple store(s) and 3rd party resellers around you don't have a crazy demand.

If money is no object, you could always buy one from someone reselling on craigslist hoping to turn a profit in the first couple days.

3. The Bronx Bull macrumors member

Why didn't you pre-order when it was up? There was at least three solid days to pre-order it without chance of delay? :confused:

Some people like making things hard for themselves, I swear.

4. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

if you're not after the Atmosphere of an Apple Store on launch day, then go to any slightly out the way electronics store (best buy etc, as long as it's not the only place that will sell iPads for miles around), perhaps an hour before they open, they should have plenty of stock for the lesser amount of people who will turn up

5. Entopia7 macrumors regular

You may have luck at your local AT&T or Verizon store. I walked into an AT&T store the day after the iPad 2 release and walked out 20 minutes later with a 16gb 3G. This was after an unsuccessful launch day of lines and disappointment...

Good luck.

6. DS3 macrumors 6502a

You needed to be at my Bestbuy about 3-4 hours before launch to get the popular iPad 2 models.
    iPad 3 with Apple Store pre-orders and a regular opening time as opposed to 5 PM.. not sure how that will work. Im hoping a hour or 2 will be sufficient.

Seems like its too late to preorder online and get it in a timely fashion though.

and yes, AT&T stores and any other phone stores that sell them are a good place if you want the 3g version.

7. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

You can have mine for $1000

8. nerd thread starter macrumors member

He who hesitates is lost, I guess. I wasn't waiting with credit card in hand for Tim Cook to stop talking so I could buy one. (Blasphemy, I know.) I just decided to upgrade on Friday and I'd already missed the boat.

9. bouldermac macrumors member

$999 for mine

10. nerd thread starter macrumors member

You're short changing yourself. I saw one on craigslist earlier for $1150. :)

11. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I pre-ordered one for my daughter that'll get here on the 16th. I just found out she's going snowboarding for the weekend and leaving Friday morning. I'm thinking I may sell hers at a profit and pick one up after the hub-bub dies down next week.

12. brand macrumors 601

brand

Wait outside of an Apple store and offer someone who just purchased one double what they paid.

13. MS2083 macrumors regular

Line up very early in the moring on March 16th, and I mean really very early!!!
    The Mall nearby my place opens at 6am daily, since there is a Starbucks at the Front Mall Entrance and its easy to get in!

If you want to Opt with Craigslist and Ebay, you will be paying a very high premium for an iPad 3