Fastmac Batteries Swelling

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rc.square24, Dec 2, 2011.

1. rc.square24 macrumors member

So I got a replacement battery last November for the 15" MBP, and it started doing this within the past month.

Has anyone had any luck with them replacing it? I've emailed them, and the warranty expired on November 15th so it might be a long shot. But that date was the day they shipped it and I'm pretty sure it didn't get to here in Canada a week later. But still it is one week past warranty.

Either way just wanted to share, not saying all of them happens to be like this but some do.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I would never trust or recommend a battery that didn't come from Apple. There are too many stories of problems with knockoff batteries.

3. rc.square24 thread starter macrumors member

When I was shopping for one I looked into getting Apple too, but reviews on their store site showed they're not free of their own problems either.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There is no guarantee that any particular battery will be trouble-free. However, using Apple batteries means you know that it's designed to work well with your Mac. It also means you can trust Apple to honor the warranty, where another vendor may not. It also means Apple can't blame a problem you might have on some 3rd party hardware, which would be justification for them to not honor the warranty. The only advantage you have in buying a 3rd party battery is price, and it's not worth risking my Mac to save a few bucks.

5. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Got to agree with this. I don't think there's any such thing as a 'good' battery for this model of MacBook Pro, they don't seem to last incredibly well, but I'd never consider putting a non-Apple battery into one of their laptops.

Unfortunately the warranty will have started when it shipped, so you're out of luck there. Time to buy a new one :( But if you've had a year out of it that's not entirely terrible for these - one day someone'll invent a half decent power source!

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

What does the symbol on the battery with the guy being hit with the sparking wand mean?

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It means, "Don't hit anyone in the head with a sparkling wand while using this battery!" :D

8. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Cool, probably doesn't happen all that often.
    [​IMG]