Fastunlockiphone to Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bucs127, May 19, 2011.

1. bucs127 macrumors newbie

Hey all, first time poster.

I have an Iphone 4, which I had previously jailbroken with Jailbreak me. I had to restore it to get some warranty work done and had to upgrade to 4.3.3

I'm looking to Jailbreak my iphone 4. Doesn't seem like there is anything quite as easy as the old jailbreak, where you just slide and magic happens.

http://fastunlockiphone.com/

Has anybody heard of the site above? I would be willing to pay 25 bucks if it does what it says it does. Or is this a scam? I did a search on this forum and didn't see anything on the site.

2. labman, May 19, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they will take your money

3. phill50 macrumors newbie

its a scam to jailbreak there are a few steps to it.. 4.3.3
    Use the tools on iclarified..

4. MastahRiz, May 19, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011

MastahRiz macrumors 6502

5. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

It's not as easy as jailbreakme but the new jailbreak is not rocket science too. If you find it difficult then JB isn't for you.

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Agreed. Jailbreakme.com WAS extremely easy, and it was my first foray into jailbreaking too, so I understand being a little reluctant. But I've since used both redsn0w and PwnageTool, and neither of those was particularly difficult. Both give you exact instructions (plus the iclarified tutorials are very helpful) and both programs even handle the timing of DFU mode for you. It really wasn't difficult at all.

7. bucs127 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all of the posts! Very helpful. I won't use fastunlockiphone. I'll try myself!

8. dawg78s macrumors newbie

Just subscribed to this website and the instructions they provide for iPhone4 (Mac) is nothing more than official 4.3.3 firmware download link from apple webiste + redsn0w jailbreak link from iphone-dev.com + ultrasn0w unlock from 666repo.ultrasn0w.com ... there is no new software here... and instructions seem outdated and poorly explained... like no one ever mentions you need to cut the MiniSIM into MicroSIM... I'm not gonna cut my T-Mobile SIm to test this unlock because I'm really disappointed by poor instructions and cannot afford to not have a working phone and I'm sure this will not work.... this surely is a big SCAM!

I just lost 26$ but if I save you 26$ it will be worth it!

9. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

you shouldn't be paying for any of this / these types of scams

10. iPhone4peace macrumors newbie

Thank you

I was so close to buying it, I'm glad I found this valuable thread.