Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bucs127

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2011
Hey all, first time poster.

I have an Iphone 4, which I had previously jailbroken with Jailbreak me. I had to restore it to get some warranty work done and had to upgrade to 4.3.3

I'm looking to Jailbreak my iphone 4. Doesn't seem like there is anything quite as easy as the old jailbreak, where you just slide and magic happens.

http://fastunlockiphone.com/

Has anybody heard of the site above? I would be willing to pay 25 bucks if it does what it says it does. Or is this a scam? I did a search on this forum and didn't see anything on the site.

phill50

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2011
Hey all, first time poster.

I have an Iphone 4, which I had previously jailbroken with Jailbreak me. I had to restore it to get some warranty work done and had to upgrade to 4.3.3

I'm looking to Jailbreak my iphone 4. Doesn't seem like there is anything quite as easy as the old jailbreak, where you just slide and magic happens.

http://fastunlockiphone.com/

Has anybody heard of the site above? I would be willing to pay 25 bucks if it does what it says it does. Or is this a scam? I did a search on this forum and didn't see anything on the site.

its a scam to jailbreak there are a few steps to it.. 4.3.3
Use the tools on iclarified..

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
Last edited:

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld

It's not as easy as jailbreakme but the new jailbreak is not rocket science too. If you find it difficult then JB isn't for you.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
It's not as easy as jailbreakme but the new jailbreak is not rocket science too. If you find it difficult then JB isn't for you.

Agreed. Jailbreakme.com WAS extremely easy, and it was my first foray into jailbreaking too, so I understand being a little reluctant. But I've since used both redsn0w and PwnageTool, and neither of those was particularly difficult. Both give you exact instructions (plus the iclarified tutorials are very helpful) and both programs even handle the timing of DFU mode for you. It really wasn't difficult at all.

bucs127

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2011
Thanks for all of the posts! Very helpful. I won't use fastunlockiphone. I'll try myself!

dawg78s

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2009
Thanks for all of the posts! Very helpful. I won't use fastunlockiphone. I'll try myself!

Just subscribed to this website and the instructions they provide for iPhone4 (Mac) is nothing more than official 4.3.3 firmware download link from apple webiste + redsn0w jailbreak link from iphone-dev.com + ultrasn0w unlock from 666repo.ultrasn0w.com ... there is no new software here... and instructions seem outdated and poorly explained... like no one ever mentions you need to cut the MiniSIM into MicroSIM... I'm not gonna cut my T-Mobile SIm to test this unlock because I'm really disappointed by poor instructions and cannot afford to not have a working phone and I'm sure this will not work.... this surely is a big SCAM!

I just lost 26$ but if I save you 26$ it will be worth it!

iPhone4peace

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
Thank you

Just subscribed to this website and the instructions they provide for iPhone4 (Mac) is nothing more than official 4.3.3 firmware download link from apple webiste + redsn0w jailbreak link from iphone-dev.com + ultrasn0w unlock from 666repo.ultrasn0w.com ... there is no new software here... and instructions seem outdated and poorly explained... like no one ever mentions you need to cut the MiniSIM into MicroSIM... I'm not gonna cut my T-Mobile SIm to test this unlock because I'm really disappointed by poor instructions and cannot afford to not have a working phone and I'm sure this will not work.... this surely is a big SCAM!

I just lost 26$ but if I save you 26$ it will be worth it!

I was so close to buying it, I'm glad I found this valuable thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.