Father has problems with Macbook Air's Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Javik, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Javik macrumors regular

Hey guys. My Dad got a 2011 13inch Baseline Macbook Air late last year and is having some serious problems with his battery. His usage is almost identical (maybe even slightly heavier) to my 2010 Baseline Air yet his getting 2-3 hours max, where I can get 6-7.

The usage is mostly outlook, excel, word and safari and I've tried turning brightness and keyboard backlight down. He's bringing his Air in today so I'll be able to check his run-throughs and battery capacity in Systym Profilier, but are there are any battery calibration techniques/software I could try to solve the problem

Cheers :)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. Javik thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

I've solved it guys! He Had TimeMachine Back Up checked to "Back up while on Battery Power". I unchecked it and now it's back to 5-6 hours predicted.

4. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Thanks!

I can't begin, to count the problem solving posts you continually offer, to all means of questions, asked by virtually us all. Most are available by searching, but we mostly don't know or care, thank you for your expertise,and for caring enough to post!;)

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Thank you for your kind words! It's good to know someone is being helped!

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I mean seriously, why is he not a mod?