Father not eligible for upgrade--or is he?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewMBP13inch, Jun 20, 2010.

1. NewMBP13inch macrumors newbie

My father purchased an iPhone 3GS at launch, which was lost/stolen a couple of months ago. As a result, he had to buy a new replacement iPhone 3GS on May 4th (just missing the May 7th-June 7th grace period or whatever). Because he purchased this replacement iPhone so recently, the AT&T text message thingy says that he is not eligible for an upgrade. It seems kind of lousy [to me, at least] that he can't upgrade for another year, despite being an early purchaser of the 3GS--he's basically being punished for losing/having his first 3GS stolen, which he already paid to replace.

Do you think there is any way he can convince Apple or AT&T to let him buy the new iPhone at the upgrade price? If so, what would be the best approach to getting this accomplished?

Thank you!

2. Wailord macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, I don't think that you're going to be able to do anything with it... contracts are pretty, well, binding, and he agreed to be locked into his for two additional years. :(

3. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

did he pay full price fir his 2nd 3gs? if so tell them that. if not then o well

4. JonBorichef macrumors regular

JonBorichef

Yeah, that's pretty sad. My own father missed the upgrade date by about a week too. :mad:

5. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

probably using someone's upgrade and switch the data plans and phone onto his line