Faulty 15" LCD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by colocolo, Jun 22, 2009.

1. colocolo macrumors 6502

Last week I bought a replacement LCD screen for my MacBook Pro 15" from a very respected ebayer.
    Just got here, installed it, and ran into a weird issue.

When the screen is off, you can see some black marks all around, mainly a big spot on the upper left corner and then some vertical black lines all along. I initially thought these marks were just because the screen wasn't clean enough.

But, when the computer is on, those marks turn into something really nasty: the upper left spot becomes a black blob, while in the exact same position were the vertical lines are, blue strikes appear.
    I had never seen a visible LCD flaw when it was off.

Things I know:
    • An external monitor works just fine.
    • The iSight and Aiport work flawlessly

Has anyone else seen an LCD gone bad like this, with visible black marks when off that show where the flaw is? What is the likely cause? I know the LCD was used. Did it got somehow broken on the way or was it dead all along?

Attached Files:

2. rajbirdhalla macrumors newbie

Hi i think the LCD it self i bad / broken , did you contact the seller?. if your external display runs fine then your system is alright, its issue with the LCD.

PS - did you plugged the lcd your self? you make sure u connected the cables right

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

It's definitely a bad panel/screen and has nothing to do bad connections - you can see the mark when it's off and then go blue when it's on. I'd contact the seller and ask for an exchange/refund.

4. colocolo thread starter macrumors 6502

I sent the pictures to the seller and he said that it was definitely damaged during shipping, that the crystals "spilled" due to being hit hard.

He said he'll send me a new one, I just have to file the report on the post office for insurance purposes - thanks for the replies!