Faulty 3g Iphone headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bluelondon, Sep 3, 2008.

1. bluelondon macrumors regular

whenever the volume on my iphone or any other device when used with my 3g iphone headphones goes above 70-80% the left earpiece starts to distort and has a clear crackling background noise.

anyone else have any problems with their headphones?

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Just go and replace it.

3. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

seconded...

4. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

People use the headphones that came w/iPhone :eek:
    Do your self a favor and get some decent headphones, there are a few threads about them here.
    Its like going from a Geo Metro to a Cadillac sts.

5. bluelondon thread starter macrumors regular

well i noticed the iphone headphones are alot better than the ipod headphones but maybe its the iphone sound quality rather than the headphones, because the headphones are probably the same type.

apple has the $99 bose headphones which are apparently alot better, might check em out.

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Yes people do use them. I use them myself everyday. I think they are excellent. I don't see a point on spending any money on more expensive headphones and I hate the in ear headphones. I like the kind like Apple makes and they are hard to find so I use Apples.

7. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.0.2 JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

I have two pairs of $1200 IEMs (see sig) but I still use the Apple headphones quite a bit. It's a phone, after all - I rarely (actually, NEVER) use it to do critical listening. Do you? ;)

8. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

I'd say honestly 3~ hours a work day, with Shure SE110MPA.
    I tasted the Bose isolation? headphones and wow for those plane flights with screaming heathen demon kids they will save your sanity. 2 hours or 16 hours they are worth every penny.

Critical listening happens in a home theater set up, If it doesn't make the heart flutter or cause eyes/ears to bleed its not loud enough:D (10 years live audio mixing on the road).

9. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

did you go to the beach ?

my first set of headphone was replaced due to the distortion, but I forgot that I had sand in my shorts... and messed up the second set

clearly the problem lies in the fact that the headphones are really well protected against dirt

I ended up modyfing my headphones to look like this

[​IMG]

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/05/diy-iphone-earbud-replacement/

I used the same blue JVC marhmellows :p

10. philskillz macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

I'm having an issue with my headphones when I'm working out. When I'm running sweat is getting into the inline button and randomly starting the iPod while pandora is running. Anyone else with this problem?