Faulty Apple Wireless Keyboard (Spilled Water On It)

Brandon263

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Beaumont, CA
I spilled some water on my Apple Wireless Keyboard and some of the keys are not responding now. I bought it from the Apple Store last April and had it replaced sometime in January because it wasn't working properly. Can I still take it back to the Apple Store? If not, is there a way to fix it?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2011
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
If you JUST spilled water on it, you could take the batteries out, dry it out as best you can with e.g. a hair dryer, then cover it in uncooked rice (a desiccant) in an airtight container. Change the rice out every day for 3 or 4 days.

If it's been wet for a while, or if it's already dried out and still not working, that's unlikely to be recovered. Probably some corrosion inside.

Brandon263

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Beaumont, CA
If you JUST spilled water on it, you could take the batteries out, dry it out as best you can with e.g. a hair dryer, then cover it in uncooked rice (a desiccant) in an airtight container. Change the rice out every day for 3 or 4 days.

If it's been wet for a while, or if it's already dried out and still not working, that's unlikely to be recovered. Probably some corrosion inside.
Thanks for the suggestion. I just bought a sack of rice and stuck the keyboard inside it. I hope that works.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I spilled some water on my Apple Wireless Keyboard and some of the keys are not responding now. I bought it from the Apple Store last April and had it replaced sometime in January because it wasn't working properly. Can I still take it back to the Apple Store? If not, is there a way to fix it?
Why would you expect Apple to replace the keyboard because of your negligence?