Faulty Battery or Normal Operation?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lopexo, Aug 18, 2009.

1. lopexo macrumors member

Right after the normal "battery priming" I noticed this, but never bothered to ask or do anything about it.

I use my late 2008 uni mbp mostly as a desktop replacement (external monitor/kb, etc.) and it is plugged into the outlet 98% of the time.

I have noticed that when it is fully charged (100%) and I put it to sleep overnight, the next morning the battery shows (99%)...another day passes and it gets to (98%), another day and (97% and so on) till I unplug it and use it as a portable and let the battery get low before I plug it back again...

The battery shows 100% health all the time and whatever the charge is left for the day....

Is this normal for this batteries to loose a bit of charge every day when plugged in?

Is it a defective battery? I'd like to hear from people that use their MBP in clamshell mode most of the time before calling apple care..

thanks!!!

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

It's normal. Just discharge your battery past 90% to get it to recharge back to 100%

It's a good idea to give the battery some use from time to time in any case.