Faulty Classic Buckle strap

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ukms, May 1, 2015.

1. ukms macrumors regular

My black classic buckle strap is faulty (the metal part that slots in) . It does not sit flush in the slot, sits around 1mm outside the slot and moves. Anyone experienced the same ? Have swapped the strap with another watch and its the same in the other watch so likely to be the strap (the sport band from the other watch seemed fine in mine). Spoken to Apple and sent photos, agreed straight away it was wrong .... just awaiting to hear back with a resolution.

Anyone else seeing this ?

Attached Files:

2. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

It's been shown in a couple of other threads.

3. ukms, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015

ukms thread starter macrumors regular

Any idea where ? :) .... or what the resolution was by Apple ?

4. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

They were embedded in them really long threads. It seems like it's "normal" according to the owner.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I don't think anything looks wrong -/

I have the same band, and I guess it sits a little more flush. I don't think I would notice if it was 1mm off like that.

6. ukms thread starter macrumors regular

Each to their own ..... I'm certainly not accepting it as normal on a £600 watch :) .... normally I'd just send it back as faulty but there is no chance of getting a replacement without involving Apple support ..... I may just send it back anyway if they don't come up with something and keep the Sport that I was going to return.

----------

Fair enough if your happy .... but I don't agree and neither did Apple .... they said it should be flush (like the marketing pics) and certainly shouldn't move (which this does). Its supposed to be precision made with minute tolerance.