Faulty Force Touch rMB

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by DCWolfie, Aug 24, 2015.

1. DCWolfie macrumors newbie

I think that my 4 month old rMB might have a faulty haptic motor. I'm not sure how to explain this, but my trackpad does not give me the same feedback that it did the first months I had it. I feels like it barely works, and yes my settings is set to "firm". The trackpad works as normal, except I can barely feel the response. I've tried reinstalled the OS with no luck.

Have anyone experienced this, or even heard about it? I live in Norway so I can't just walk into an Apple Store and check the problem. Warranty or not?

Thanks in advance!

2. DCWolfie thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll just quote my self here:

3. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Did you perform clean install of the OS, as in formatting the SSD, prior to installing the new OS? I would also try disabling the haptic feedback, restart then enable it again. As much as I like the new trackpad wit Force Touch, it does bring more complexity to a previously straightforward device.

Q-6

4. DCWolfie thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I did perform a clean install. That did not work either. But thanks for the tips.

Yeah, that might be. I tried google for this problem, but can't seem to find anyone else struggling with it :-( .

5. Hook85 macrumors member

Hook85

Have you tried going through Apple support on line? They'll run hardware checks on your machine remotely and, in my experience, are pretty good at diagnosing hardware problems.

6. DCWolfie thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm.. Never heard of that. I'll try and see if they offer that service here in Norway. Thanks for the tip!

7. Hook85 macrumors member

Hook85

http://www.apple.com/no/support/macbook/

Start here :)

If you enter your serial number/login with your Apple ID and then select what the problem is, it should ask you to run a hardware test (or at least your permission to do so). In the UK you can then choose to call Apple, have Apple call you, or chat online.