Faulty home button/exchange question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zjazz, Sep 29, 2015.

1. zjazz, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015

zjazz macrumors 6502

Home button on my brand new only 5 days old 6s became acting weird. It feels like when I press it doesnt come back as one click, and has two clicks on the way up. Basicaly it feels like it touching the edge of the glass or something.
    I purchased it from Apple on AT&T NEXT. I want to exchange it but would they give me sealed one or they will have special phones for exchange only that comes in different box without accesories? If thats the case I would rather return and re purchase. I want original box that matches serial rather than having separate box. It helps with future resale.
    I hope they exchange the whole thing since it is brand new product. What are your experiences if you exchanged your 6s or previous models?

2. zjazz thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Not sure Apple will consider your home button a defect but you have the right to return your phone for a refund and get another. Home buttons can and will vary from device to device, everyone of mine have been different.

Let us know what happens

4. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Dont they attempt to fix it first? It takes them 5 minutes if there is no line(yeah i know its super busy arnd launches).

5. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Funny, I have the exact same issue - you described it perfectly. I notice it only happens for me if I click the top part of the button and not the bottom. I've just been clicking the bottom or middle and haven't noticed it any more. Not worth the hassle of exchanging for me.

6. zjazz thread starter macrumors 6502

I wouldn't change it if it was only the home button. Other thing that bothers me is the screen, the upper left corner is noticeably darker, like it has a dark spot. Very annoying. I thought it might be a glue and needs to dry, but the spot is still there.
    So again anyone's experience exchanging the phones to new one? Did you get retail box matching the phone, or it came in generic box and you kept old box with accessories?

7. pipa macrumors regular

I RETURNED MINE ON ATT NEXT AND AS LONG AS YOU ARE WITHIN 14DAYS WHICH i CAN'T SEE YOU NOT BEING THEN THEY DO A FULL REFUND ON YOURS AND SELL YOU A NEW ONE. i DID IT AND MY UNLIMITED DATA IS STILL INTACT AND ATT SEEMS TO HAVE ALLOWED IT AND NOT CHARGED ME A NEW UPGRADE FEE AS OF YET. LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS. BUT IT WILL BE A NO QUESTION ASKED WARRANTY. SORRY FOR THE CAPS. AT WORK

8. zjazz thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know! Hopefully I have time to go to Apple tomorrow.

9. zjazz thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh one more question. In case they don't have any in stock how do I activate back my old phone? Do I take the sim card from 6s and install it to my older iPhone?

10. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If you are returning a phone and is on NEXT, the sim card will go as well so you will have to ask them to get you a new sim card. When I was on Next last year and I returned the phone, they had to take the sim card with it.

11. zjazz thread starter macrumors 6502

I see, so Apple will give me new sim card or I have to go to At&t?

12. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I think Apple can do that, and if they don't then you can just simply walk to at&t and tell them that you need a new sim card.

13. zjazz thread starter macrumors 6502

ok,thanks!

14. zjazz thread starter macrumors 6502

OK, so I've retuned the phone today, and to my surprise the guy at apple store told me that apparently today was the last day!!!! I said wait I just got it last Friday on launch day, so it's just 7 days, and he was no no, it doesn't matter, what matters is the shipping date!!! That's the first time I hear such thing. I'm glad that I went today, because I was thinking, ohh maybe tomorrow maybe sunday...so just wanted to share my experience here about "14" days no question asked.....

Anyway, I decided to go to with a bigger screen and get 6S+, so of course it was out of stock....only model they had was 16GB. no no no...

And when I asked how I'm gonna be without the phone, he said use your old one until your order arrives and took out the sim card from my 6S and installed to my old iPhone!

Now I have to check availability, if any store around me gets 64GB in stock, I don't want to order and wait 3 weeks. I hope checking availability will get me phone faster...