Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

longball11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
I gotta say iTunes does not know how to rank the top 5 songs, top albums in each genre, etc. For example, Iron Maiden's 15th studio album came out this past Tuesday as well as Ray Lamontagne & the Pariah Dogs.

Ray Lamontagne's new album has only 174 reviews as of this time. Iron Maiden has over 442 reviews not counting the same exact copy of the 15th studio album with 119 reviews just without the special track. Yet Iron Maiden's album is ranked 4th and Lamontagne is 1st.

I know the reviews number is nothing but it shows the difference in popularity and the possibility of which album is downloaded more. What a joke iTunes is...

longball11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Ok....I clearly see the problem with society today....All hip/hop and pop jumping Justin Bieber and Lil Wayne's nonsense crap.

Why did I have to miss the 70s...

hollerz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Durham, UK
It goes on sales, not reviews. And blame the labels for the stupid idea of releasing "Extra Special Ultimate Deluxe" Editions :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.