Faulty Ipad, Exchange for upgrade??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dblake15, May 7, 2010.

1. dblake15 macrumors newbie

hello,

I am having a lot of problems with my display and have to take it back to the apple store to get a new one. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can return the 32GB wifi ver for a 32 G 3G ver and paying the difference?? I know they will ive me another wifi version just wondering on the upgrade.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any info??

Thanks

2. skasol macrumors 6502

you should be able to do that. as long as you are within the return policy. good luck.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

From what I've read here and other sites you can only exchange a faulty unit for a working unit of the same model. You cannot upgrade or downgrade. If you are w/i your return period you can pay the restock fee and price difference, but hardly worth it. As always YMMV, so doesn't hurt to ask, but it looks like its a store-by-store decision.

4. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Just be friendly and speak with a manager. I don't see it being an issue. :D

5. Zebassis macrumors newbie

As said above, it will depend on the store. I was very friendly and polite, but they wouldn't let me exchange my faulty unit for anything but the same. Though the new receipt given with the new model allows you a new return period, so the policy seems pretty pointless. In fact, if I hadn't opened it, using the new receipt I could have got out of a restocking fee, so they would have been better off letting me do what I wanted in the first place when I offered to pay a restocking fee even though the unit was faulty! :)

Good luck either way.