Faulty iPhone 3G- exchange, replace....return?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghettochild, Jul 30, 2008.

1. ghettochild macrumors regular

So I made the plunge, sold my flawless 1st genereation iPhone for big bucks on eBay and got the white 3G yesterday. Sure enough, I got yellow (not *warm) tint, light leaks at the left side, and already a crack- although the phone didn't leave my desk and it was on a piece of soft cloth all the time.

I got an appointment with a genius this afternoon. I wonder what's the best way forward. The white iPHone seem to be very prone to cracks as 95%+ of posts about cracks on this and the Apple discussion board pertain to white 3Gs.

Should I ask for a black 16GB- is this difficult since I originally purchased a white one? If they refuse, should I simply return it and then buy a new one? I assume, in this case, I'd probably have to wait a few days until they credit my credit card account...

Any input is appreciated.

2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Several on here have said that when they returned their white ones, they got black ones so I assume it isnt a big deal

The problem will probably be whether they have them in stock.

If they don't, I say take the refund and buy the black later but that is me.

In the end, get what YOU want even if that means waiting a few more days

3. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

I heard there was a 10% or 20% restocking fee if u returned it. I would just get a black one. Looks better.