Faulty iPhone 6 bought in US, using out of US

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gibsoni, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Gibsoni macrumors newbie

Hi,

My husband bought his iPhone 6 in the US - carrier free. We have since moved to the Middle East and the phone seems to have a hardware fault which means the touch screen works intermittently. He cannot answer calls, phone has a mind of it's own, etc, etc. He has been in contact with apple support online several times who have tried to resolve the issue with phone resets etc but to no avail. They are now advising him to go to the local carrier here in Qatar we are using with prepaid contract to get service. This is totally useless as they didn't sell him the phone. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can get some sense out of apple to take responsibility for this problem with a 3 month old phone.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

I may very well be wrong but as I understand it apples warranty is worldwide. I had a problem with my iPhone 4s that was bought here in the UK a few years back and had it replaced under warranty in a different continent.

Is there not a local Apple Store that you can go to and have the phone checked out.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I don't believe that applies to North America. If you bought the phone in the US, it has to be repaired/replaced in the US. In Canada, the same.

If you bought the device without Applecare+ then the standard one year warranty is even more restrictive.

Applecare for the Mac is different though. I do believe that is worldwide.