Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

youknome

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Hi there,

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right forum for this, so please forgive me.

Basically I have a pair of iPhone earphones which have now become faulty. The right side has become a lot more quieter in comparison to the left side. I am still under warranty.

So how do I go about getting a replacement?

Thank you.

jamied95

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2009
Apple generally don't seem to care about headphones... but you can try http://www.apple.com/support, and do the Express Lane, they should send you some headphones, and you'll send yours in, and you'll only pay if they think it's accidental damage, or your fault, etc...

Al3x87

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2010
When my USB was broken, I called apple, and they have sent me another USB cable, and I have sent them my broken USB cable. But i didn't payed anything.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Apple generally don't seem to care about headphones... but you can try http://www.apple.com/support, and do the Express Lane, they should send you some headphones, and you'll send yours in, and you'll only pay if they think it's accidental damage, or your fault, etc...

Don't see how you can complain about Apple not caring about headphones. You simply have to go to their web site and request a replacement pair if you think yours are faulty. They immediately send you a replacement pair. What better servious do you want? You do have the send them your old ones back, but you use the same packaging and it's postage paid. Couldn't possibly be any easier. As long as you are within your warranty period you can get your replaced.

youknome

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Ok I'm totally confused, I requested support saying my headphones aren't working properly. So they send me an empty box what looks like they want my iPhone. My iPhone is completely fine :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.