Faulty iPhones still on display in O2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zillio, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Zillio macrumors newbie

I have two iPhone 4s on order with apple. Went down to the local O2 shop to take a look at what I will be getting towards the end of the week. Out of the four phones on display one had a yellow spot on the screen and another a bright white spot (not a faulty pixel it was a 2-3 mm spot).

1. I can not believe O2 staff have allowed faulty phones to stay on display for over two weeks, it not even as if these faults were hard to spot.

2. I hope neither of my phones have either of these issues. I know these issues were reported on release but are phones still arriving with these problems?

My exhaustive study of 4 iPhones leads me to estimate initial iPhone failure rates at 50% :p

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Now had they been removed and perfect ones put in their place then people would be complaining about false advertising.

Seems to me the store should be praised for honest advertising instead.

3. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

It has nothing to do with "honest advertising." Most phones shipped don't suffer from obvious flaws like those that the OP is describing. Having faulty phones on display doesn't reflect well on Apple at all.