Faulty lightning port on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joelovesapple, Nov 14, 2013.

1. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

Hi,

I have a faulty lightning port on my iPhone 5, causing it to sometimes charge and more often than not, not charge at all.

I have spoken to Apple and have been made an appointment at a genius bar to have a like-for-like replacement.

Has anyone ever received an upgrade to a later model, or the same phone but in a different colour? Is this even possible? I am covered by a 1 year warranty but thought I'd ask.

If not then I'm not too bothered if I get just another black iPhone 5.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. thegreati macrumors regular

It's really up to Apple if they will value the 1 year for this type of situation, is the phone in pretty good condition?

You can get this part replaced at a large amount of shops online. Possibly even somewhere local. Try checking on google for prices.

Best of Luck!

3. g4manimac macrumors 6502

Now as for a different color replacement I have also wondered this.. anyone? Now as for an upgrade I can with an educated guess say NO they have way to many of that model on hand to just give you the latest model out even if the store was out they would air ship u a 5 before giving out an upgrade.