Faulty Macbook Pro Refund

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by uzit, Jun 11, 2008.

1. uzit macrumors regular

Hey,

Well I have posted my previous problems with my mbp, its keyboard/airport stopped working, this happened three times so I got a replacement model. Now just after 2weeks of my new model it has happened again...I am really shocked about how unreliable the friggin thing is! I really want a refund....because I've really lost faith in this model.

You think they maybe able to do this?

2. wchong macrumors 6502

if u want a refund they will charge you a restocking fee. they will just continue giving u replacements until you get the right one. all the ones you send back will be sold as refurbished.

3. hohohong macrumors 6502

Yep! I refunded my yellowish screen MBP even after I got my free iPod. And I did NOT pay for restocking fee, instead, they paid me $100 for my hours (over 30 hrs) of calling, driving to an Apple store.

4. uzit thread starter macrumors regular

Ah sweet, I've just got a replacement model and that costs less then the model i bought, which I payed 1230pounds for. What a mess :( :(

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

So you returned a computer after you got a free iPod; they didn't even ask if you sent the rebate or not?

6. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

Just phone them back , calmly & nicely explain the differences in specification /price then see what they say , remember you are entitled to get what you paid for .....if they cannot provide you with the same machine that you paid for then ,they should provide the nearest spec'd machine ...even if that means a higher spec'd one .

If the next machine has a fault then you will have had three machines faulty and imo it would not be unreasonable to expect a refund after three fails .

luck