Faulty Magsafe

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by erasr, Sep 6, 2010.

1. erasr macrumors 6502

My MBP's Magsafe seems faulty. When I connect it, it seems to have a dodgy connection and the light goes on and off if I move it. I think it's the wire itself. I can fiddle with the wire and it'll eventually work.

It may have been damaged in transit to and from work. So, I bought it from Amazon only recently. Where shall I take it? Am I able to bring it into the Apple Store and say it's faulty to get it replaced?? - This would be easier for me than sending it away to Amazon.

Thanks

2. eng42ine macrumors 68000

eng42ine

If you bought a PS3 game from Target, would you be able to return it at Wal-Mart?

No.

And this is the same situation...

3. PhelpsiPhan macrumors 6502

PhelpsiPhan

Actually, all Apple products have a 1 year warranty on them, so as long as it was new when bought from amazon, and you can prove it, you should be able to take it to an Apple store and they will replace it for you.

Good Luck

4. pharonyk macrumors member

I am having the same issue whenever I wiggle the Magsafe wire as it's connected to the new Macbook Pro. It seems like it still charges/powers when the light goes off... :confused:

5. MartyF81 macrumors 6502

You can take Apple products to any Apple Store for help or a Warranty Eligible replacement, regardless of where you purchased it from.

As long as it was not stolen, etc...

The Apple stores are "Service Centers" just as much as they are Sales Centers.

6. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Fixed that for you.

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Your right about replacements, Apple has no obligation to offer a refund if it was purchased through another store. Repairs/exchanges, however, they will do.

@OP: Make a Genius Bar appointment, otherwise there's no guarantee you'll be able to see someone about the issue. If they see it isn't working they should replace it no fuss.