Faulty new iMac? What's the replacement proc.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by oililymad, Jan 21, 2013.

1. oililymad macrumors 6502

oililymad

Ok. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing. But..

What's Apples replacement procedure?

When I had a faulty 3 week old iMac in 2009. Apple sent me a new one. I had the old one and there was no charge on my card - just trust I would send the old one back

A few years later I had a keyboard issue. They wanted my card details and to put a hold on the money that time

What's the current policy? I don't have a spare £2000 odd pounds down the back of my sofa

Nor do I want to be in a position that I have to send one back to be imac -less while they send the replacement

What's people experiences?

2. streetfoldsfive macrumors 6502

streetfoldsfive

To my knowledge if you call AppleCare they can send a replacement but place a hold for the amount of the computer on your credit card until you send back the old one. Or you can call your nearest apple store and see if they have your model in stock and do an exchange through Genius Bar. Lastly, you could bring it to the Genius Bar and they will order a replacement without holding your card and call you when it comes in :apple:

3. pete78 macrumors member

I went the last option for my 2012 iMac with crappy hard drive. Problem is, you are at the mercy of the Apple Store; you have to call them for updates. It's been a week since the return process began; no word as to when I will be receiving the replacement iMac. No update from the store except that the new iMac has been ordered. The whole experience sucks; kinda regretting switching from PC.

Good luck.