Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johny5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2007
UK
I thought that the numeric keypad "+" key felt a bit weird. If you press it, it doesnt go down like the other keys, its as if there is something underneath it on the right hand side stopping it from going down all the way. upon closer inspection, it is a manufacturing fault and part of the plastic membrane isnt sat right and creased under the key.
I presume this is covered under warranty but as I got it with my imac, what do i do? just walk into an apple shop with my imac serial number?

qpid

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2004
You got it just the keyboard and SN are all they need, some apple stores may be meaner and want the actual computer, but seeing as how its the keyboard i don't see a problem

johny5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2007
UK
Damnit, I better go get the keyboard box from out of the loft then i guess.

Will I need the receipt?

One other question, if I couldn't get to an apple store, what would have happened as I originally bought it from the online apple store.

Nordichund

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
Oslo, Norway
Damnit, I better go get the keyboard box from out of the loft then i guess.

Will I need the receipt?

One other question, if I couldn't get to an apple store, what would have happened as I originally bought it from the online apple store.

If you have a problem like that after buying from the online Apple store, then call their Technical support and if they cannot help you over the phone, they will tell you where you can get the support you are entitled to.

I´m glad to report that my keyboard is working fine.

Bigtree

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
I have the new keyboard and my space bar only works if you press at the top only.

johny5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2007
UK
Got it replaced at Apple in Bluewater, only 160 miles from my house :D

They said I should have booked it in with a "genius" for them to check it, but you could clearly see the key was knackered and they gave me a new one.

makes me laugh that word "genius" as I have been a pc engineer for 20 years going all the way back to RLL and MFM drives, wonder what these "genius's" know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.