Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rumorman69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Hey guys. So I have two Macbook Pros. One is two years old and I've had the other one for about a month. The thing is for the last year or so the power adapter from my first mbp hasn't been working properly. I usually have a "not charging" message on my menu bar and I have to reconnect the magsafe adapter several times for it to actually charge.

I was wondering if there was any way for apple to replace this free of charge. When Apple replaces power adapters, do you usually have to send the faulty one back to them? I was thinking, if I told them the adapter on my new mbp wasn't working properly they would most likely send me a new one, but it would be pointless if I had to send the adapter back because then I would have to send the new and working one back and keep my faulty one. Any ideas? Thanks.

jekyl

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2011
Mid-Michigan
Apple is really liberal with customer service, but I wonder how long that will last if people take advantage of it like this. Just be honest about it and tell them it's the older one that died. You are a repeat customer, and if you aren't going to them for repeat problems they may decide to bless you with a freebie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.