Faulty RAM or Mac OS X problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by adamtj11, Dec 9, 2011.

1. adamtj11 macrumors 6502

Okay so I changed some settings in audio/midi settings, then I turned my mac on and off to find I had no sound.... then I deleted an audio folder in the library which I thought would put the audio back to default, except now Mac OS X is painfully slow and unbearable to use.

I thought it might be the 4gb ram module I recently inserted into it, however booting into Windows 7 everything seems to be working just as snappy I remember, and both Mac OS X Lion and Windows 7 report the 5GB Ram that is installed, could it just be that I have deleted something crucial in Mac OS X that has messed up something or is this a bigger problem with the Ram, but once again surely the Ram wouldn't work in Windows right?

I am doing a time machine restore now from just before the problem started happening, hope its a OS problem and not RAM problem....

2. adamtj11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay so the time machine back up and spotlight indexing is over and it SEEMS to be back to normal, I'll monitor this.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

You Changed Your Output Settings

System Preferences > sound> from the drop down box choose Output and select internal speakers.

4. adamtj11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply, the problem was when I turned my Mac back on the audio symbol that comes up when you press the volume key was greyed out so thats why I went into the library folder and deleted the audio folder, and then I had problems.