Faulty Scrolling BT Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by • Jaz •, Aug 21, 2007.

1. • Jaz • macrumors member

Hello everyone,

I'm on my second bluetooth mighty mouse, after getting the first one promptly sent to me (sending the old one back) but the time has come where it's poor and sluggish at scrolling. I thought they would send me a new one but they look for my nearest Apple store which is about 3 hours away. :rolleyes: So the operator told me to go to a store and supply them with a reference number and that they would replace it for me. (I live in a remote part of the UK btw). They said PC World would suffice, but they only have a few Macs and seeing as I didn't buy from there I was wondering if they would even bother?

Just wanted some advice/opinions, should I go and try (it's not too close) or should I try again?

Cheers! :)

2. Jookbox macrumors 6502

3rd party side-scrolling mouse?

i have 2 new macs 2-4 months old. the scroll wheels on both are starting to become less reliable. i'm moving on to a graphics tablet, but i would suggest another brand. really liked the side-scrolling. not sure if there are other mice that support it.

3. • Jaz • thread starter macrumors member

^ Cheers.

I do like the mighty mouses, it's just they need to sort out the scrolling ball. I'm just wondering whether PC World will even consider my case. I will pop in when I'm next going past.

4. • Jaz • thread starter macrumors member

Well, no luck. Quite embarrassing too, they'd never heard of such thing. But then again I was fobbed off, back on the phone methinks.

Edit: got a really nice man who simply got one sent out. Very helpful, the standard of apple service I'm used to. Good stuff. :)