Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Repelle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2015
Andover UK / SF CA
I'm disappointed and frustrated in equal measures.

I got my order in early on the 10th, and was thrilled when I got my 42mm SS BCB on launch day. My excitement was short lived when I realized the side button was not working as it should. I knew things were going to be bad, but wasn't prepared for just how bad...

I called first thing the following day, and long story short, set up a replacement with the Online Store support. "There is separate stock for replacements?" I enquired anxiously to the representative. "Yes, we will be able to get another one sent to you once we receive your old one back" said the reassuring voice on the other end.

Wednesday came and my watch was collected by courier. Thursday came and it was delivered back to Apple. Slow, but at least some kind of progress was being made....

Monday evening came and my replacement is still sat at "processing" with a delivery window as if I've just made a new order online. Surely that's not right for a replacement? Is it?

I muster up the necessary courage to call the Online Store support, and converse with a softly spoken American this time (I guess they're routing calls there because it was late).

I'm told that my replacement is now at least two weeks away. That's three weeks from when it was first reported.

Meanwhile in the land of the free, I hear people are getting their replacements in around 4+ days.

Anyone else in the UK had a similar experience?

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
Replacement for me here too. UK. Faulty band connecter which also damaged my band. Apple said that most likely I would not be that long without a watch. 2 -3 week wait but I'm cool. TNT Coming on Friday.

Last edited:

Smickers

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
I reported mine on Sunday 26th, was picked up on the 28th by DHL. Engineers inspected it. SS WSB with faulty connector/band. Have been told I'm getting a brand new retail unit in box, and as of today it is at the picking stage. Expecting it by the end of the week.

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
I reported mine on Sunday 26th, was picked up on the 28th by DHL. Engineers inspected it. SS WSB with faulty connector/band. Have been told I'm getting a brand new retail unit in box, and as of today it is at the picking stage. Expecting it by the end of the week.

What does your order status say?

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I have AppleCare+ and have just booked in an express replacement service. Mine will be arriving in the next couple of days. I will hand over my watch and be given a new one straight away, so will have no time without a watch. Also in the UK :)

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
I'm disappointed and frustrated in equal measures.

I got my order in early on the 10th, and was thrilled when I got my 42mm SS BCB on launch day. My excitement was short lived when I realized the side button was not working as it should. I knew things were going to be bad, but wasn't prepared for just how bad...

I called first thing the following day, and long story short, set up a replacement with the Online Store support. "There is separate stock for replacements?" I enquired anxiously to the representative. "Yes, we will be able to get another one sent to you once we receive your old one back" said the reassuring voice on the other end.

Wednesday came and my watch was collected by courier. Thursday came and it was delivered back to Apple. Slow, but at least some kind of progress was being made....

Monday evening came and my replacement is still sat at "processing" with a delivery window as if I've just made a new order online. Surely that's not right for a replacement? Is it?

I muster up the necessary courage to call the Online Store support, and converse with a softly spoken American this time (I guess they're routing calls there because it was late).

I'm told that my replacement is now at least two weeks away. That's three weeks from when it was first reported.

Meanwhile in the land of the free, I hear people are getting their replacements in around 4+ days.

Anyone else in the UK had a similar experience?

They shipped my new one before I sent the old one back.

My replacement order initially said June, then 2-3 weeks, then it shipped the next day. Replacements get priority.

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
They shipped my new one before I sent the old one back.

My replacement order initially said June, then 2-3 weeks, then it shipped the next day. Replacements get priority.

Did you have AC+/ Express Replacemnt? How long was it in total?

Repelle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2015
Andover UK / SF CA
I agree, it is terrible customer service. I was going to say that it wouldn't hurt them to hold stock back for replacements, but at this point it looks like if you haven't ponied up for AC+ then you're SOL.

They wouldn't cross ship with a hold on my card for the replacement, which I can understand as I didn't pay for the AC+. But to be put right at the back of the queue because a watch is faulty is really rubbing salt into the wound.

Hope you guys get your replacements soon. I was just going to tell Apple to stick it and I'll get my money back. I think I'll swallow my pride though, because ultimately I'm the one that'll loose out on something I've been waiting since September for.

Anya B

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2013
This thread is making me sad and hopeful in equal measure. My Sport watch was collected by DHL today and shipped to the an engineer in apple care support in Cork. I DO have applecare+ but failed to mention it when chatting to the senior apple care advisor (I assumed he knew).

The watch isn't faulty as such but I have developed a skin irritation from wearing it. It appears my skin doesn't like the composite material that makes up the dome. I didn't really want a replacement sport because i wouldn't be able to wear it anyway.

I did however mention that I wanted to pay the additional amount for the SS (with the ceramic dome) and have that as my replacement (obviously paying the difference in apple care+ too).

The engineer still wanted to look at it to see if there is anything on the dome that is causing my irritation. Apple advisor is calling this case 'a safety issue', how dramatic.

I'm hoping that, although it's not Apple's fault that i had a reaction, they will still express replace a watch that I can wear, i.e. the SS. Am I expecting too much? Probably.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.