Faulty watch returned-how long replacement?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by cosmic68, May 28, 2015.

1. cosmic68 macrumors 6502

cosmic68

Hi there,

After the painful wait for my SS Link watch to arrive, I noticed it had the band not locking to watch body fault, so on Monday gone I called Apple and spoke to a helpful lady who created a return label and replacement. She advised me that I would get an email showing that my replacement watch was ‘in progress’ and would have the same shipping information as new orders (2/3 weeks wait), but to ignore it as Apple held a sample of replacements back for situations like this.

So its been just under a week now with no movement. My return watch is showing as delivered as of two days ago. I tried to call Apple again and they were surprisingly unhelpful and basically stated I will effectively go to the back of the queue and wait the full 2/3 weeks.

I’m pretty sure I’ve read on here of people getting replacements within 24/48 hours-which, IMO, is the correct thing to do. It just seems good customer service to me.

So can I ask-have you had a faulty watch replaced quickly? Could you let me know roughly how long, as have asked for my case to be escalated (call back up to 48 hours-sigh) and I might send this thread to the Apple representative who I speak with.

Many thanks.

2. matt550 macrumors 6502

I was told 3-5 days on mine. That was Saturday. Havnt heard anything yet. Should be soon.

3. cosmic68 thread starter macrumors 6502

cosmic68

Are you USA/UK?

What was wrong with your watch btw?

4. Anya B macrumors 6502

Anya B

I was told the watch replacement is treated as a priority but that there is no stock. They basically said it could take the same time as new orders, estimated delivery July. The estimates have changed since so it could be 2-3 weeks from return.......which is, oh wait, 27th.

I returned watch on 6th and I'm still waiting. Didn't even have a rare configuration, mine is a 42mm SS WSB.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Is it the watch that is faulty or the band that will not lock properly. I would think it to be the band.:rolleyes:

6. cosmic68 thread starter macrumors 6502

cosmic68

The locking mech is on the watch. Therefore faulty watch.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Sorry toi hear that, I hope it is replaced soon!:apple:

8. matt550 macrumors 6502

My watch kept resetting itself. After repairing, erasing all content and starting over it still was not working right. I'm in the US

9. Rbwest macrumors member

My watch arrived with some damage on the screen. Strange rectangle mark in the middle and down the right side. I tried everything to polish it out with no luck. I called apple yesterday at 11am ET to report the issue. My replacement watch was shipped last night with a scheduled delivery tomorrow. This morning I checked the UPS tracking and the shipment has been changed to today! 24 hours since I placed the call!

38mm in Toronto.

10. cosmic68 thread starter macrumors 6502

cosmic68

Well after zero interest from Apple in rectifying this I decided to cancel the replacement Watch.

The way i looked at it was, it's an expensive gadget (i ordered 42mm SS link) and this period of not having one has made me think hard about the money spent on it. I personally feel Apple should have the logistics to be able to replace faulty items instead of shoving me right to the back of the queue-it really gave me to much time to think clearly, so i decided to put my money where my mouth is and wait until the next iteration.

There's so many things right with the watch, but it really felt very first-gen to me in a lot of places. I did like mine-but not at that price/customer service.