Faux Leather Bands

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Polaroid, May 3, 2015.

1. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

Do you think Apple will ever release Faux Leather bands for the watches?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Probably not, since Apple is not in ever wanting to be assisted as a 'cheep' product compony. 3ed party is your best bet.

3. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's not about having a cheap product - I just think it would be good to have a band that vegatarian a/vegans can wear that are same style as the leather ones.

Faux Leather doesn't always mean cheap :p

Inb4 trolls

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

We have the Milanese loop and Link Bracelet. Even the Sport band can be fancy enough on the SS or Gold.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It's about perception. In the fashion industry (which the :apple:Watch is playing in) faux leather is usually considered a 'cheep' or 'imitation' product.

6. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess, but a lot of designers do you faux leather which many high profile centuries support.

Would be good though cause they could make one waterproof haha!

I wasn't too keen on milenase band when I tried on in game - looks good in pictures though :) might get one down the line but ATM I'm sucking with sports band (not seen in person so hope it's ok lol)

7. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

The one important thing I have learned is if you want to make it easier in purchasing a 3rd party band you should get one of the Buckle watches that has
    the buckle connector.

The Buckle connector can be unscrewed and the band easily replaced. The other bands have a clip connector that is tougher to get around!

my .02 cents!

:cool:

8. dotnet macrumors 6502a

dotnet

The question is, will they make bands from rich Corinthian leather?

:D

9. innominato5090 macrumors 6502

innominato5090

While I think it's unlikely that Apple would offer any, I hope that 3rd party accessory makers will make some.

I tried the leather loop in store and really liked the concept, but I can't bring myself to buy a leather product.

10. Gooberton macrumors 65816

When you feel the "leather bands" you'll think they are faux, I've had multiple leather items made by Apple. It's pure crap. Like really really bad

11. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the replies - surprised I wasn't trolled for my question haha!

There's a few kick starters that look great and offer more bands - I'll stick with the cheap sports band until they release these 3rd party ones :) I just love how simple the leather ones are and they don't look bulky at all!

12. sparkyms macrumors 65816

I'd certainly be interested in a faux-leather band for occasions that might demand a smarter watch band, will just have to keep an eye out on the third parties.