Favicons on iPad and iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Z3man, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Z3man macrumors 6502a

Can anyone tell me if you can have favicons on an iPad and iPhone running IOS7, at least i think they are called favicons, they are those little icons you get at the at the beginning of a website name when you tap the bookmark button, at the moment i just have a load of bookmark symbols.

2. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Yes. I have them. Try BBC, try popular sites, not all sites have favicons.

3. Z3man thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, i have lots of popular sites bookmarked and every single one has a favicon on my macbook, but on my iPhone and iPad not a single one has, i have looked in my settings and can't find anything that i may need to change.:confused:

4. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Yeah. That's strange. Sounds obvious but have you tried deleting the bookmark and adding it again?

5. Z3man thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think i have been explaining this wrong. I have just realised i have icons for my favourites, and that is probably what favicons are. What i mean is having website icons in my bookmark menu, but after searching various reviews of IOS7 and looking at the screenshots it looks like you can't have website icons in the bookmark menu, all the pictures i have looked at just have bookmark icons like me.