Favorite $150 band?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by LoveToMacRumors, Oct 13, 2015.

?

Favorite $150 band

1. Milanese loop

31.3%
  2. Classic Leather Buckle

33.8%
  3. Leather Loop

35.0%
  1. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

If you could only choose one..

Milanese loop

Classic Leather Buckle

Leather Loop

2. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Well, if I was locked in to the Apple products, it would be the dark blue leather loop.

But really, for $150, my preference is 5 aftermarket clone leather loop bands in all available colors. That is what I actually have. I was planning to buy a blue LL from Apple, but then when I saw the quality of the clones, I bought a complete color set, and I am enjoying the variety far more.

3. LoveToMacRumors thread starter macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

where did you buy your clone ? i thought the quality was shyt from 3rd party sellers

4. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Nope, it is pretty freaking awesome. The accessories sub-forum has a few threads on leather loop knock-off bands. I got mine from eBay user lnkoo888. They are nearly indistinguishable from the OE bands at 1/5 the cost.

I have a dozen bands. Two OE and ten knock-off. I think that I have something like $1,600 equivalent value if I had purchased all OE. But I only spent $320. I switch bands all the time and love it.

Black Sport -OE
    Green Sport - OE
    Blue Sport - Amazon Moko
    Coral Sport - Amazon Moko
    White Sport - Amazon Moko
    Yellow Sport - Amazon Moko
    Brown Leather Loop - eBay lnkoo888
    Blue Leather Loop - eBay lnkoo888
    Tan Leather Loop - eBay lnkoo888
    Black Leather Loop - eBay lnkoo888
    Red Leather Loop - eBay lnkoo888
    Space Gray Link - eBay bezprice, igloves2010, battery_sky, & others

5. Michael/O macrumors member

Michael/O

6. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I really like the new classic buckle. Mine is in black.

Attached Files:

7. Michael/O macrumors member

Michael/O

Very nice. Looks expensive.

8. DSTOFEL, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015

DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

Very nice look! I might consider that for work to go with my SS Product Red band for play/weekends!

Actually meant to reply to BCASLIS post of the black leather classic!

9. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

Leather Loop. I own one Black and one Brown and thus far I'd say they are the most comfortable watch bands I've ever had.

I live in a very hot and humid climate and I find that my wrist size changes very frequently throughout the day. The ease of which I can adjust the Leather Loop to a comfortable fit and not be limited by pins and notches is really a game changer. I did try the Milanese for a while but it started to cause some irritation on my arm; I like to wear my watches a bit loose and I think the metal sliding up and down on that area of my arm was what caused the irritation.

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

I own a Black Sport Band, Milanese Loop and Dark Blue Leather Loop and the leather loop is definitely my favourite although for everyday wear I use the Black Sport Band.

11. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Milanese for me. Like the Classic Buckle, but all SS gives it the edge IMO.

12. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Just received my saddle brown classic buckle band today. It's very nice, though stiffer than my original version black classic buckle band. I'm sure it'll soften a bit with wear.

13. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

Just to satisfy my curiosity, is there any particular reason you wear the Sports Band as your daily driver instead of the Leather Loop? Is it perhaps a comfort thing, where the LL is your favourite but you find the SB more comfortable?

14. LoveToMacRumors thread starter macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

True, I have nothing against the Sport Band, but they do feel cheap and fashion wise not really good. the 150$ band sure add a classy feel to the SS watches.

15. Mr.C macrumors 601

I tend to perspire quite often on my hands and wrists and the sweat has never been good for my leather straps in the past when I was wearing regular mechanical watches. The Sport Band is much less susceptible to this so I wear it every day. My Leather Loop is for informal special occasions and my Milanese Loop is for formal special occasions, suffice it to say they don't get used that much. I am contemplating wearing the Leather Loop more often but considering the cost I'm not sure I want to.

16. Mr.C macrumors 601

I can't say I agree. I do think the leather and metal bands are much classier and nicer but that's not to say the Sports Bands are not good looks wise, nor do they feel cheap in my opinion.

17. Nell macrumors regular

I have the Milanese loop which I really like. I wear it when I want to be a bit more dressy than usual (especially if I'm wearing jewellery) but day to day it's usually a sport band for me (mostly the dark blue or the black but the red and white ones get a fair bit of wear too).

I was tempted by the classic buckle and the bright blue leather loop but didn't buy one and don't like the new classic buckle or the dark blue leather loop so Apple has saved me some money with the changes.

18. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

The classic buckle. It's my favourite out of all the bands. I even like it more than my modern pink buckle.

19. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

Ah, that seems logical. I tend to sweat quite a bit too but don't have much experience with leather bands in the past as my watches tended to have either plastic or metal link bands. Cheers, mate.

20. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

Just ordered this buckle (Black Classic: 42mm) in from Apple...delivers next Thursday. For some reason, this one is tough to find in stores. Three Apple stores in Atlanta...none had it in stock.

21. bcaslis macrumors 68020

That's because they revised the classic buckle (used to be just all black, now it's either brown or black & brown). The new classic buckle is just reaching stores now.

22. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

I see....Thanks!