Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hookem12387

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Austin, Texas
I can't believe this thread doesn't exist yet! Anyway, so far mine is NES Emulator. What is/are yours??? Best IM app? I'm curious about that one

cmcbridejr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2007
Alpharetta, GA
Actually, this thread does already exist if you look hard enough.

My favorite application is MobileRSS.

I work a tech job and spend a lot of time researching on the Internet and reading tech blogs.

I used to come home from a long day of work and then spend an hour or two reading my favorite blogs on my desktop computer.

Now that I have an iPhone with MobileRSS, I can keep up with my subscribed RSS feeds and not spend so much time on the computer when I get home from work.

However, the application sometimes crashes with too many RSS feeds.

I hope the developer keeps working on it (he stated on his site that he was not sure if he had the time anymore to constantly develop the program).

nsheikh80

macrumors regular
May 2, 2005
London, England
Actually, this thread does already exist if you look hard enough.

My favorite application is MobileRSS.

I work a tech job and spend a lot of time researching on the Internet and reading tech blogs.

I used to come home from a long day of work and then spend an hour or two reading my favorite blogs on my desktop computer.

Now that I have an iPhone with MobileRSS, I can keep up with my subscribed RSS feeds and not spend so much time on the computer when I get home from work.

However, the application sometimes crashes with too many RSS feeds.

I hope the developer keeps working on it (he stated on his site that he was not sure if he had the time anymore to constantly develop the program).

I've just started using Mobile RSS and noticed that it cuts some feeds off short even though my normal RSS reader doesn't. Any ideas why this might be?

cmcbridejr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2007
Alpharetta, GA
I have been using MobileRSS since day one, and so, I have witnessed the development progression of the program.

At one point, I think I remember the developer having a real hard time with formatting text properly to the iPhone's screen, so it used to be much worse.

I think that it is quite a good program at the moment (compared to where it used to be in the past, and aside from the occasional crash).

The developer says that he may not have the time to develop the program as quick anymore due to time constraints.

However, he does ask for donations for development motivation or if someone else wants to help develop.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
3rd Party would have to be Summerboard.

Native would have to be Mail, Safari, iCal, all of them :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.