Favorite Apps For A Dollar?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Jomskylark, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Jomskylark macrumors regular

Hey,

I have kind of an odd question here. What are your favorite apps for a dollar? Yep, $0.99 USD. Nope, not under a dollar (free) or above a dollar, no matter how good it is. I just want to know your favorite apps for a buck.

The reason for this is a friend of mine gave me five dollars not too long ago, with the intention of me using it for iPod Touch 1st Gen. 2.0 apps. I already have a ton of apps and I can find good free apps, so I've ruled out a few apps that cost money but I could get for free from another developer. Wanting to get the most out of my money, I'm looking at getting five one dollar apps or maybe three one dollar apps and one two dollar app if I really like it. But I only need a list of good ONE DOLLAR apps.

Thanks!

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I'll second Appsnipper, in the long run it would save you money by locating all apps on sale ;)

4. rperalta macrumors 6502

GigBaby! -it has 4-track recording, drum beats, metronome, etc.

5. fairlady macrumors newbie

Whack 'em All!

My favorite 1-dollar app is the one I developed: Whack 'em All! ;) Check out the video demo on our website: http://www.whackemall.com. :) - fairlady

6. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

7. diesel macrumors 6502a

appsniper for sure. it has already made my money back. i just hope that if/when apple releases push notifications, that appsniper will take advantage of it so that i won't have to log into appsniper to see if any of my "snipes" have been triggered

8. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

For me, its AppSniper and Free Memory. Free memory does same as restarting your iPhone/iPod Touch, except it does it in seconds--so you don't have to wait the two minutes or so that a reset/restart usually takes. It works great too. Just run it before starting a memory heavy app like X-Plane.

9. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

Isn't there a web-based type of AppSniper? if not there should be. I'd hate to see him pay $1 out of his $5 budget, to save $1 later... Seems like he has $5 to spend NOW.

Besides, a web-based version could email or SMS users and work on a PC or Mac (as well as iPhone) without requiring your iPhone or iPod Touch. And could be free.

10. Jomskylark thread starter macrumors regular

Don't get me wrong - if I see more apps I like I'll go out of the five dollars the friend gave me. So I may very well end up getting seven one dollar apps. However, I do want to use the most of the five dollars, but it's not a limit; kind of confusing.

Keep the suggestions coming! Thanks!

11. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

12. Acronym macrumors 68000

13. vw195 macrumors 6502

I like flick fishing although i think its gone back up to $1.99 . I also like ambiance

14. SmartIndianKid macrumors regular

SmartIndianKid

Another vote for iCopter.

Additionally, Garf and Boom!