Favorite browser?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ravich, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Ravich macrumors 6502a

I ask because a few months ago I stopped using firefox because of small annoyances. I tried Opera for a while, but was generally dissatisfied with bugs here and there occasional websites not loading properly. I switched to chrome, which I was happy with, however I hate the fact that I cant save my windows/tabs when I quit, as well as the fact that gifs freeze up the browser. Starting yesterday, my internet crapped out, or so I thought, but it turns out that chrome has started to simply refused to connect to the internet.

So... I'm still on the lookout for my ideal match. What's your preference?

2. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

Firefox. I can't live without AdBlock Plus, and I'm used to the general look and feel. The performance difference from other browsers isn't enough to justify switching.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Generally OP I use Safari, but I still keep firefox for its add ons and compatibility.

5. Owen.C macrumors newbie

Firefox nightlies.

Ad Block plus and loads of other goodies. Plus it's pretty much as fast as Chrome and Opera now, and should be quicker if everything goes to plan in the next few weeks :)

6. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

Sure you can; it's in Chrome > Preferences > Basics tab > Reopen the pages that were open last.

As for me, after using Firefox for three long years, I'v made the switch to Chrome. I use it daily for its simplicity, speed, and integration with Mac OS X.

7. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

8. AppleCode macrumors regular

AppleCode

I primarily use safari but sometimes I use chrome at the same time.

9. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

I use safari for just everyday browsing because speed wise it's simply better then all the rest and runs seamlessly on a mac. I keep firefox around for it's add-ons though. Good for doing coding work and things like that.

I do wish Safari had ad exceptions though. In firefox if I have a site that uses popups I can make an exception for it in the pop up blocker but in safari they are all allowed or disallowed.

10. 11colmil macrumors member

11colmil

FIREFOX! I am currently using Firefox 4 beta and i love it. It is so much simpler that 3.5 and way better designed.

11. KirkL macrumors 6502

Chrome 6 - Speed, easy to use and integrates better into Mac OS X than Firefox. Moreover it has Adblock too AND a built-in pdf viewer (as opposed to downloading the pdf file and viewing it; you just to enable the viewer in about: plugins)