Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brewerpaul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Clifton Park,NY
Anyone have a favorite camera app, in addition to the built in iPhone 4 version?
I tried one (forget the name) but it was no improvement. I just got Camera+ and so far I like it a lot. It gives you many different ways to crop your image, add different effects, borders, lighting, etc. It also increases the digital zoom from 5x to 6x.

LifeInLoFi

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
Dallas/Fort Worth
Camera+ is a good one. It's fast and has a ton of cool and useful features. It's camera is good -- fast, too. The studio module is great. An excellent all in one. The best all in one in the app store, in my opinion.

I use ProCamera a lot for shooting. It seems to be more shoot oriented than Camera+. I like the camera part a little better.

For pure speed, it's very tough to beat Quikcam. It's lightweight, very fast, and has the best full-resolution burst mode I've tested.

iApples

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2011
I just purchased camera+ yesterday and so far I'm loving it! It's a steal for a dollar!

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
So Cal
lo-mob-trio.jpg

I really like Lo-Mob! All three above are the same image processed with it. I am a professional photographer and I appreciate the authentic looking polaroid frames & vintage grid views. I also really like Cameramatic for creating good base image. I posted a few more of my favorites on my blog with examples. And below is a screenshot of all of mine:

8138796212_92a3972923_o.jpg

Now, I will check out Camera +

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
So Cal
Camera + seemed a little too complicated? I prefer to use Photoshop for editing... but that is just me. Would love to hear more suggestions?

Last edited:

CASLondon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2011
London
Anyone have a favorite camera app, in addition to the built in iPhone 4 version?
I tried one (forget the name) but it was no improvement. I just got Camera+ and so far I like it a lot. It gives you many different ways to crop your image, add different effects, borders, lighting, etc. It also increases the digital zoom from 5x to 6x.

Nightcap is a very useful low light conditions app, lets you lock focus, exposure, white balance, and manually control the exposure for good pics in dark conditions (minding making the camera stable for long exposures)

----------

Also, i like SloPro for great slo mo video (though they need to fix the 60 fps options the iOS upgrades broke)

Microsoft's Photosyth is awesome.

Paper Camera is awesome

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
So Cal
Nightcap is a very useful low light conditions app, lets you lock focus, exposure, white balance, and manually control the exposure for good pics in dark conditions (minding making the camera stable for long exposures)

Do you have an iphone 5? I tried Nightcap and even though I enabled locations I can not get it to work and the window to allow access to my photos so it will show up in my camera roll did not fully appear... in other words. It isn't working. Will email them to find out but was just curious if you had tried in on the ip5?

CASLondon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2011
London
Do you have an iphone 5? I tried Nightcap and even though I enabled locations I can not get it to work and the window to allow access to my photos so it will show up in my camera roll did not fully appear... in other words. It isn't working. Will email them to find out but was just curious if you had tried in on the ip5?

No, I'm on a 4s

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.