Favorite car mount (thinking for GPS)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BJB Productions, Jun 29, 2012.

1. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I wanted some fresh opinions. I'm planning ahead for iOS 6 and I'm looking to get a car mount for using the Turn by Turn features. There's so many out there... I don't even know where to start. Here's one I'm looking at:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y97SPI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3VINPDK0TK1JI

Ideally I'd love to find one that fits with my case on it as well, but that's not a must. (Switcheasy TRIM)

I'd love anyone's 2 cents!

Cheers

2. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Oh my that's ridiculously sexy. Love it. Thanks!

3. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

I just use one of those el cheapo generic ones you can get off ebay or amazon. It works so no complains. If you decide to go that route though try to get one that doesn't have too long of an arm, or else it will just flex.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

ProClip + Panavise. I personally don't trust suction mounts.

Prior threads are an excellent place to start. Things haven't drastically changed in the world of mounts.

5. ventro macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for a mount that will let me mount my phone flush against the surface of my civic's dash like so:

[​IMG]

All the mounts i've seen have it sitting on top of the dashboard like a bobble head, or hanging off the windshield like spiderman. I just want it flush against the dash like its just another control next to the other knobs.

Any idea?

6. radicalDESIGNZ macrumors member

i have a civic too and i have a pro clip that goes right above the air conditioning vent where the iphone is in the picture. i have an extra one for sale if you'd like you can PM me.

7. AFDoc macrumors 68030

I saw no one suggest the Magellan. It has a built in speaker, built in gps chip to amplify signal and of course charges your i while it's used. Pricier than your average mount but if you wish to specifically purchase an item to use your turn by turn feature it's a very sweet option. It also works with all turn by turn programs. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002WN30IM

8. slayer666 macrumors regular

That mount looks damn sexy I want one