Favorite case (of 5): otterbox defender in red

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thadoggfather, Aug 20, 2010.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I've had the Speck Pixelskin, Geometric, a Luxmo Argyle TPU, Apple Bumper, and the CandyShell. This is my favorite.

I was worried about it being really thick like the 3GS defender (never had, saw a friend with one), and they truly made this thing industrial while not adding TOO MUCH bulk in my opinion. Definitely not as slim as Geometric, but it has a nice feel in the hand. Also, proximity sensor isn't fixed by this (I wouldn't think), but having a raised area to rest my ear on and a recessed screen as a result of this case makes it a non-issue so I don't have to be jealous of 4.1 users with the fix (but not the jailbreak).

Going to be travelling Europe too, so I want a more incognito case. This makes it look like it might be an older model from the distance (I dunno, not as conspicuous as with other cases I've had). Also, this will be great for gym/chucking my phone around (something I've never done and will enjoy, I am OCD when I lay it down but not anymore)/beach/rainy conditions (although not waterproof)/you name it, iPhone 4 is coming with me :) It just breathed novelty into my iphone 4 (the screen novelty will never wear off -- retina display is ridiclous, but you know what i mean

If you have questions, ask away. I know this isn't comprehensive, but I love this thing and a thread was needed. Angry people feel free to ask "did we really need this thread?"

No, but move on.

These aren't my photos, found them in the Otterbox massive thread but figured attention needed to be drawn to this case in particular.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Nice case, I agree, however Otterbox and incognito don't normally belong in the same sentence. :p Something this large and so bright will draw more attention to the phone, not less. And this case works great at the gym BTW. Dropped mine several times already and not even a scratch.

3. jcole31 macrumors regular

I just decided to stop using my defender. For me, it was just way too bulky. Great protection, but it felt like I had a brick in my pocket.

4. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

It will definitely draw attention lol.

But people will probably think it's an older model more so than "OMG is that the NEW iphone??" i'm sick of pitching it to them, yeah its sweet.