Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gmecca2

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2008
I live on Rockstar:Juiced, the orange can. I think it is mango flavored?

What about you?

+1

I believe the Blue Can is Low-Carb. I could care less though. I just think it has the best taste.

I don't believe these drinks actually give you energy though except when consumed in large amounts with caffeine pills. I once drank 6 cans and popped 3 No-Doze while trying to study for a final exam. Let me tell you, my heart was racing and when I got home from the exam it was hard for me to sleep and I could feel the lining of my stomach. (Ohh, the things you will do to your body to pass a class in college).

Coffee from Dunkin Donuts, McD's, or Starbucks keep me going for hours without yawning at work. I think it was stated that Dunkin Donuts has the highest caffeine content.

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
Monster M-80 or Monster Khaos

I have to be careful when I drink them though, girlfriend is highly allergic to pineapple :(

I did try the Monster Mixxd and enjoyed it quite a bit but I haven't seen it in my 7-11 since that day.

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
npstarbucks.jpg

Yumm...or any other starbucks drink :D

I try to avoid anything thats carbonated. Haven't had a carbonated drink since may of last year. :)

ZiggyPastorius

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
Berklee College of Music
lol at powerthirst.

But, Bawls is single-handedly the greatest drink ever made; especially among energy drinks. You do not beat Bawls. Bawls is the Opera is Energy drinks, and Opera is the Apple of Browsers. What more is there to say?

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
180px-Pocari_Sweat_English.jpg

No, I didn't post it just to get attention with the name. This drink is absolute nectar when the sweat is out and the thirst raging. Nothing can satisfy quite like it.

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
gotta love red bull :)

guru is good too.

energy drinks are going to be illegal to buy for people under 18 in maine though :(

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
energy drinks are going to be illegal to buy for people under 18 in maine though :(
But presumably it'll still be OK to be sent off as cannon fodder to one of those countries not in the US when you're under the age of 18.

OLD ELPASO

macrumors member
May 28, 2005
Red Rain anyone? That stuff is like venom to fatigue.

What about that Coke Black? I remember it tasting like crappy coffee and diet coke... But it did have a kick.

ZiggyPastorius

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
Berklee College of Music
Red Rain anyone? That stuff is like venom to fatigue.

What about that Coke Black? I remember it tasting like crappy coffee and diet coke... But it did have a kick.

I loved Coke Black! One day, I was with my dad, who I don't see like, ever, because he doesn't live near me..And we stopped in a gas station, and I flipped out because they had Coke Black (That was right after we stopped in another gas station where I flipped out because they had Cherry Bawls, which at that point, I had not had yet.) I think it was great :D

attachment.php

I win. Thread closed. Goodnight, everybody!

Attachments

• Bawls.jpg
    Bawls.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 137

true777

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2000
California, Austria, Arkansas
Red Bull Sugarfree and Pocari Sweat Stevia, which is sugar free *without* artificial sweeteners by using natural stevia leaf extract -- an all natural zero-carb sweetener that's even believed to have health benefits.

Attachments

• stevia_img01.jpg
    stevia_img01.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 138
  • e22-2t.jpg
    e22-2t.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 130

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
I vote Red Bull.

A year or two this rock climbing magazine that I was reading had an article on many of the energy drinks that were on the market at the time. They tested them all from content to how to performed. The results were Red Bull was the one that actually provided the most energy to all the subjects they tested. I can't remember what other drinks they tested, but I was surprised at the results. Some of the less recognizable brands hardly did anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.