Favorite Feature in Tiger

wrxguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Deepest Regions of Hell
I am pretty new to Macs and i was wondernit what your favorite feature is in Tiger, this is so i can learn more about it and how to better use it to its full potential....

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Now that I've used Tiger enough to have found a favorite feature, I choose Spotlight. I don't use the saved search (smart folder) feature much, but I do like being able to search for stuff quickly at any time.

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
Everyone seems to be down on dashboard, as they don't use it nearly as much as they expected. I still use it multiple times a day, and I got Tiger the day it was released. So that's my pick.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Expose. My favorite feature in Panther and my favorite feature in Tiger...

Jody

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2005
I wish you could configure spotlight to give you relevant web search results as well... that would really make it rock

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
I like the dashboard, its a pretty cool new feature....Unfortunatly i havent found Spotlight very useful this may be because i keep my computer very organised and know where to find most things....

I have found no use whatsoever for automater (sorry fans)

Expose i have to say has to be one of the most genius ideas for Mac's ever especially when you have a small screen....But thats not a new feature..

made me realise how I hardly use any of the new features.....SHame really i should go and figure out how to use automater properly...

SHadoW :p

goodtimes5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2004
Bay Area
shadowmoses said:
I like the dashboard, its a pretty cool new feature....Unfortunatly i havent found Spotlight very useful this may be because i keep my computer very organised and know where to find most things....
I like Spotlight just so I can type a few letters instead of clicking the mouse.

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
spotlight and dashboard.

and great googly moogly, how I still love you, exposé. I haven't forgotten about you, but you're SO 10.3 hehe.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
Here are some of my favorites (Yeah I know that you only asked for one but overall you want to know about multiple features.):

Oxford American Dictionary - Hover over any word in just about every Application and get a definition immediately. Talk about awesome.

Dashboard - Very useful and visually enhancing. Each Widget has a specific usage and therefore is fast, efficient and easy to use.

Slideshow - Just right-click (or ctrl+click with a 1-button mouse) on any image (or select multiple images) in Finder and select the Slideshow option from the contextual menu. My favorite part of the Slideshow feature is the index sheet option that zooms in and out of images much like Exposé.

Grapher - You might not know it but Tiger has a 3D graphing calculator Application built-in named "Grapher." It is really cool but hasn't been talked about much.

Spotlight - As Apple puts it "Find anything, anywhere, fast" on your system.

BWhaler

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2003
Hard to say since the number of bugs everywhere really limit my enthusiasm for Tiger.

I would Spotlight, but it really needs the bugs nailed out (Spotlight doesn't find everything) and the UI needs to allow us to tap the real power of search without learning some Microsoft-esque query language.