Favorite feature on Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ajohnson253, Aug 8, 2008.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

What is Your favorite Feature on your macbook air.

I am taking them into consideration because I am thinkin of maybe getting one

2. wolfie macrumors regular

at the end of the day its a computer and has most of the features as the macbooks.

the real differece is the portability, u might see it in the shop, and think yeh its skinny and light but its not all that..

it hits you when you bought one and find yourself carrying around with you without even realising, because its just so damm easy, and can hold the damm thing with two fingers.

3. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Portability agreed. Its virtually weightless in my backpack. I really just can't feel it.

4. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

true...other than that it's just a macbook...but being able to carry it around like nothing, is gold

5. shrtmkr macrumors regular

ahhh, the good old core shutdown, I love it when the screen gets laggy. Just kidding :) It is absolutely a superb machine, inside-outside but it needs time. Hopefully a software patch if not revision B.

Now if you put an iMac next to this thing you get the perfect mac experience :)

6. Grizzly Adams macrumors member

Multi touch, mostly swiping. It makes navigating the interwebs so much quicker and easier.

The fact that I really can pick it up and go anywhere and that the power supply easily fits in my pocket.

I have never owned a Mac before and really enjoy how easily applications and other peripherals work so seamlessly in OSX. There isn't much need to configure settings to make things work properly, only time I do is to streamline some processes for my personal needs & wants.

7. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

I had a macbook and after using an Air, macbooks feel very heavy. The ykeyboard is way better than the macbook keyboard, and the over sized multi touch track pad is great too!

8. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

appreciate the ups about this, been hearing some downs on other threads, anyone know when a new revision is gonna be happening?

9. glitch44 macrumors 65816

Nope. if you check out any of the other half-dozen "next revision" threads you'll see that no one knows. all evidence right now suggests no revision this year. there are rumors of revised macbooks and macbook pros this year but none for the Air. earliest is probably Macworld 2009, even then probably only CPU / hard drive option upgrades.

10. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

aww dang, well I think I will be holding off on the Air the macbook is doin me justice right now. I have had it for about a week and a half and the more I use it the more I like it.

11. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

12. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

hahahah nice !!!!!

what not right:rolleyes:

13. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Keyboard. Feels slightly better than on MacBooks + has backlight.

Worst feature: very small trackpad button. Makes my thumb hurt after using it for only a few minutes.

14. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Portability.

Sure, it has a brilliant screen and really nice keyboard. The SSD is wizzy! But come on, this computer is about portability. Never missed the ports or optical drive even once.

15. zedsdead macrumors 68040

Portability. I don't miss the optical or other ports either.

Yes, it has the best Apple keyboard and Trackpad, but both seem to be destined for the next update to the other Macbooks.

I can't however recommend the Air as a primary computer, unless you don't need much space or do extensive video/audio/photo work.

16. zedsdead macrumors 68040

This is all true. The fact is that there exists no processor or hard drive upgrades that could fit the Air's design...currently. Some time early next year would be my guess as well. Won't be Macworld unless the case changes...Apple doesn't waste stage time with spec upgrades.

17. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Its dimensions! It feels simply wonderful in hand!:D

18. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

The backlit keyboard, 3 finger gestures and the looks I get from chicks when I'm using this baby.

19. Yaris macrumors regular

Hehe. :D I think at the next keynote Steve should attempt to cut a cake with HP's thinnest laptop but end up crushing the cake.

20. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

I dont own an air but after playing on one for 30 mins in the store i really like the shape of them and the keyboard and the fact its backlit. Loving the larger trackpad too and the screen. If i hadn't read bout the problems people had with them on here i might have got one. Granted they not all defective but it was too much of a risk for me to take. Hope we see some of these features on new macbook.

21. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

Both the LED backlit screen and multi-touch are my two favorite features, both of which are available on the MBP. But, to get that in a 3lb computer is freaking awesome.

22. BrianRecchia macrumors newbie

The Air is simply for portability. It feels like air as the name implies, but unless you feel that's more important than having a faster computer with higher specs in most regards for $700 less, I say stick with the MacBook. I personally could never survive with the Air as I need things like FireWire, lots of RAM, a fast CPU and large hard disk as a bare minimum for what I do and a CD burner's important, too. (I'm a bassist and I own my own studio. I have a FireWire audio I/O so that wouldn't work on the Air at all plus I have to burn a demo to a CD every once in a while.)

23. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

appreciate it, I was going into that within the past week. I have been getting so used to this macbook and it has all my needs I would want anything else. The macbook air wouldnt be enough. It feels good having the comfort knowing if i have anything bigger to do I could do it on this

24. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

It's all about needs versus wants. I didn't need all the ports, drives, etc on the MB and the MBP. I don't need extreme horsepower.

What I need is lightweight, small form factor, travel companion for my weekly business trips. It fills the bill nicely.

To each his own. It's why they make three distinct macbooks. Find the one that fits and love it.

25. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

The BEST led screen ever!!!! Also backlit keyboard.